ACC Tournament 2021

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Here's my predictions on pool winners:
A - UVA
B - Ga Tech
C - NC State
D - Duke

Truth is... any team in bottom 8 can win 2 & advance. Obviously, the top 4 have to only win the 1 game that matters. Pretty wide open.

ETA... 3 teams will be eliminated today.
I will give a slightly different view from Fred. Instead of picking a winner of each pool ...... which takes a bit of guts to actually make a prediction ....... I will give my guess as % chance of each team in winning a pool ...... which means I can't actually be "wrong" .........

Pool A

ND 50% UVA 40% VT 10%

Pool B
GT 100% ........ I guess I could be wrong here.

Pool C
NCST 60% Pitt 25% UNC 15%

Pool D
FSU 35% Duke 35% Thugs 30%

Deleted member 2897

I like that sneaky Virginia call. They don’t play Notre Dame for 3 days. Not sure why LOL, but good old ACC scheduling.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I hope whatever they do, its the wrong choice.

Id rather them come out of that pool. Their pitching depth is very low right now and I can’t imagine they’d have much left to throw in a 4th game on Sunday. They were already throwing a staff day in G3 last weekend after Love went a full 9 in G1.

Just checked their board and theyre saying Ollio is getting the start. So they’re saving Love for NCSU. Love it!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Thats Clemson’s Saturday guy and the Louisville kid hasn’t started a game all year. So looks like they’re both saving their Friday guys for us.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Clemson pitcher racking up a pitch count early. Love that. Looks like Louisville is treating the game as a staff day. So they’ll probably have their full staff (or close to it) against us on Thursday. With that in mind I think we should be rooting for Clemson to win a barn-burner.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good move.... beating Ga Tech will help each team's resume... regardless of the ACCT implications.

Clempy up 5-2. I'll take a shower after the game since I'm rooting for Clempy, need to wash the stink off.

I want Clempy to win
  1. More afraid of L'Ville being due
  2. Rather get over it over with Wednesday than Thursday for more pitching rest to Saturday
  3. Rather play at night when it's cooler
  4. Rather that we play earlier so that weather delays don't mess with us as much
  5. Rather we play when I can watch since I'll be in the mountains on Thursday.
All that outweighs my distain for Clempy and admiration for L'Ville.

Update - what a game. In B3 and each side has scored in every inning. Clempy 6-5.

Both side burning through pitchers (y)(y)

Deleted member 2897

Clempy up 5-2. I'll take a shower after the game since I'm rooting for Clempy, need to wash the stink off.

I want Clempy to win
  1. More afraid of L'Ville being due
  2. Rather get over it over with Wednesday than Thursday for more pitching rest to Saturday
  3. Rather play at night when it's cooler
  4. Rather that we play earlier so that weather delays don't mess with us as much
  5. Rather we play when I can watch since I'll be in the mountains on Thursday.
All that outweighs my distain for Clempy and admiration for L'Ville.

Update - what a game. In B3 and each side has scored in every inning. Clempy 6-5.

Both side burning through pitchers (y)(y)

I don't like either matchup, because #BaseballGods and #MurphysLaw. We swept Clemson and nearly swept Louisville. They've both been in terrible slumps. So the old 'they're due' is on overdrive. But really there isn't any team in the ACC right now that is just a pushover guarantee win.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Clemson brought in their Friday starter. And he promptly gave up 2 HRs in the 3rd. So their Fri/Sat guys are both burned for tomorrow. Basically prefect scenario for our purposes.

Also Clemson just jacked another one. 8-6. Tech fans smiling the hardest with every one of them.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m blacked out with YouTube TV, seems like a crazy game so far, but the more pitchers used the better for us!

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Holy 4 bagger, Batman. 8 HR (combined) thru 3 2/3 innings.

There are three different players who already have 2 each .........

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What a boat race, pitching optional. On work calls so can't enjoy them burning pitchers fully.

Clempy failed to score in the fifth but has in the sixth. L"Ville has every inning through 5. 9-10 Clempy losing by 1 with at least 8 more runs for each team?