ACC to play 10-game conference-only schedule for the 2020 season.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I’d say we’re very likely the most self-less, with how many people we’ve liberated from tyranny and oppression (real oppression, not this imagined crap now) around the world.

It’s true that as a nation we’ve done some noble things. But, as individuals, we’ve become more and more selfish in the name of “rights” and “personal preference.”To not wear a mask in public, when the mask is to protect other people and not the wearer, is to say “It’s all about me. The hell with the rest of you.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Can’t really complain that people don’t want to play a contact sport(touching and breathing on each other) when other people won’t even wear a mask.

The people that are subjected to the EXACT condition of spread have to say “NOPE! If there are X amount of people carrying/spreading this around and they obviously don’t care about others, why should I?”

Why should they put themselves at risk to benefit the people that only care about themselves?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It’s true that as a nation we’ve done some noble things. But, as individuals, we’ve become more and more selfish in the name of “rights” and “personal preference.”To not wear a mask in public, when the mask is to protect other people and not the wearer, is to say “It’s all about me. The hell with the rest of you.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We have indeed. People seem totally consumed by their rights and entitlements, whether it be the right to not wear masks or the right to burn down property when they're angry. And oddly enough, based on what I see walking around, it appears to be the same segments of society displaying those attitudes.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We have indeed. People seem totally consumed by their rights and entitlements, whether it be the right to not wear masks or the right to burn down property when they're angry. And oddly enough, based on what I see walking around, it appears to be the same segments of society displaying those attitudes.

No.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
All I know is that all around me in the middle of the city, it is people under 30 who are not wearing masks. My informal survey while walking around is that less than 20% of young people are wearing masks, while something like 75% of people over 40 do wear masks.

So

Yes.
If anyone is keeping up I wear underwear except on Fridays. But if you come over I will wear a mask if you want me to wear one but still no underwear on Fridays.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
All I know is that all around me in the middle of the city, it is people under 30 who are not wearing masks. My informal survey while walking around is that less than 20% of young people are wearing masks, while something like 75% of people over 40 do wear masks.

So

Yes.

Well if simply an age category is what you meant by the nebulous "segments of society", I will concur.
It wouldn't have necessitated going very far out of your way to have delineated that a little better, though.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

So

Yes.

Your "informal survey" may not be totally on the mark. I just heard minutes ago that a major survey or study found that of all the age groups millennials are by far the most fearful of contracting and dying of the coronavirus.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Your "informal survey" may not be totally on the mark. I just heard minutes ago that a major survey or study found that of all the age groups millennials are by far the most fearful of contracting and dying of the coronavirus.

Well, just to get the thread back on track all our football players are Gen Z, if that's relevant.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Yeah young people doesn’t really = millennials anymore. They are all in their 30s and 40s now. The “young people” most point at are Gen Z.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Millennials were born from 1981 to 1996 which would make them 24 - 39 years old. Too me, that's still real young.

Doesn't seem right does it? But since the millennials are the first generation to grow up attached to the internet, maybe it does. They have been fed all that junk from tweets, facebook and the like their whole lives. Seems like most of them can't take several steps down the street without working on their IPhones?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Doesn't seem right does it? But since the millennials are the first generation to grow up attached to the internet, maybe it does. They have been fed all that junk from tweets, facebook and the like their whole lives. Seems like most of them can't take several steps down the street without working on their IPhones?

As a father of one millenial I approve of this post (and also a Gen-z)
i don't think my daughter could go 24 hours without using her phone. Of course, even when she is using the phone it isn't to call people.
My favorite is how so many became Pavlovian dogs. Anytime my kids phone gives a notification sound they have to look at it immediately.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
As a father of one millenial I approve of this post (and also a Gen-z)
i don't think my daughter could go 24 hours without using her phone. Of course, even when she is using the phone it isn't to call people.
My favorite is how so many became Pavlovian dogs. Anytime my kids phone gives a notification sound they have to look at it immediately.

True, but I also remember what parents complained about 50 years ago when I was a teenager - their kids tying up the phone. Of course then, the only thing to do on it was yak.