ACC Standings

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If you had to do tiers, how would you split them?

Would UVA and VT be paired up, or would would you clump the bottom 4.

Is it FSU and then a gap, or is UNC close behind?

IMHO, the SP+ and FEI models underestimate us a little—there’s a bias from the last four seasons that isn’t worked out yet. I think they still have us looking up to UVA. They would order differently, but they’re probably wrong on a few teams like us right now. SP+ had Wake as a 2 TD favorite
Yeah, I think Wake and NCST are getting some unwarranted love that the unfolding season is bringing down to earth. Not terrible teams just not quite up to preseason hype.

VT just looks really bad, not just inept bad like VA. Fight for the bottom. BC would be there too but for a QB who can pull off the upset.

Tech, Syracuse and Louisville may all be underrated right now.

I think it’s close between FSU and UNC and they would play a terrific game against each other in a playoff.

I’ve got opinions.

JacketFan137

Banned
Evan Geoff got some wins you know? UVA has a good defense and a star QB and the game is in Hooville, I really want to beat them and pray that we do, but that one might be tough. Possible our offense is freaking rolling like a Ramblin’ Wreck by then on all cylinders for 4 quarters per game!
star qb with more picks than td’s, and no player on the team with a significant amount of carrie’s averages more than 3.4 yards a touch. they lost to an fcs team (albeit a good one) at home.

they are not a good team and it would be a REALLY bad loss. i’m extremely confident and if we were favored by less than a touchdown i would have a lot of juice boxes on that game

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think Wake and NCST are getting some unwarranted love that the unfolding season is bringing down to earth. Not terrible teams just not quite up to preseason hype.

VT just looks really bad, not just inept bad like VA. Fight for the bottom. BC would be there too but for a QB who can pull off the upset.

Tech, Syracuse and Louisville may all be underrated right now.

I think it’s close between FSU and UNC and they would play a terrific game against each other in a playoff.

I’ve got opinions.
Clemson obviously lost to FSU. They outplayed FSU most of the game. Their lack of a FG kicker was a big reason for their loss. They likely win the rest of their conference games. The Duke loss was bad for sure.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
T
star qb with more picks than td’s, and no player on the team with a significant amount of carrie’s averages more than 3.4 yards a touch. they lost to an fcs team (albeit a good one) at home.

they are not a good team and it would be a REALLY bad loss. i’m extremely confident and if we were favored by less than a touchdown i would have a lot of juice boxes on that game
Their D played hard against NCSU. I wonder how motivated they were against their QB who transferred. I think they played with pride against him. The QB looked good at times but showed he his a freshman.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

We‘ve had some REally bad losses up there, hopefully by the time we play they will have a dead man walking at coach and lost whatever bit of fire they are playing with, they could easily go winless this season and I am here for it!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
T

Their D played hard against NCSU. I wonder how motivated they were against their QB who transferred. I think they played with pride against him. The QB looked good at times but showed he his a freshman.
Their def has been really good for Elliot’s tenure, after they clean house at the end of the season that DC might be someone to look at, depending on how the Thack-attack fares for the rest of our season 🤞

JacketFan137

Banned
T

frankly not really too sold on nc state being very good either. we will learn more in the coming weeks but it’s not like anything on their resume is impressive. they’ve beaten VMI, 0-4 uconn and got handled by notre dame.

We‘ve had some REally bad losses up there, hopefully by the time we play they will have a dead man walking at coach and lost whatever bit of fire they are playing with, they could easily go winless this season and I am here for it!
yeah last year’s loss against them was awful as well so i hope our guys are locked in and ready to run them off the field. we should take care of business and a loss would probably be more down to us losing than them winning

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
FSU & UNC have inside track to Charlotte. FSU will be favored in all remaining conference games. They get both Miami & Duke at home. Only 2 road ACC games remain (Wake & Pitt). UNC may be favored in all their remaining games. They play Clemson on the road but can already afford 1 loss to Clemson. They don't play FSU. Miami could beat out UNC by winning that head to head game, but they have a tougher ACC slate than UNC.

ACC Champ needs to have less than 2 losses or playoff spot for ACC will be up for debate.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FSU & UNC have inside track to Charlotte. FSU will be favored in all remaining conference games. They get both Miami & Duke at home. Only 2 road ACC games remain (Wake & Pitt). UNC may be favored in all their remaining games. They play Clemson on the road but can already afford 1 loss to Clemson. They don't play FSU. Miami could beat out UNC by winning that head to head game, but they have a tougher ACC slate than UNC.

ACC Champ needs to have less than 2 losses or playoff spot for ACC will be up for debate.

Is this the year that the ACCCG goes to the top 2 ACC teams as opposed to Atlantic and Coastal division winners? Or next year?

I like the to 2 teams since it lowers the chance of a 2 loss ACCCG winner a lot.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
GT was the biggest positive mover on the list this week.

Biggest movers​

• No. 54 Georgia Tech (+23): Quarterback Haynes King is emerging as a real difference-maker for Brent Key in his first full season as Georgia Tech coach. Though the Yellow Jackets are only 2-2, a 14-point road win at Wake Forest caught the attention of our voters and warranted a bump up into the top 60

ACC Teams
#5 FSU
#13 Duke
#17 Miami
#18 UNC
#28 L'ville
#31 Syracuse
#32 Clemson
#40 NCSU
#50 Wake
#54 GT
#71 Pitt
#94 VT
#103 BC
#104 UVA
How are we below Wake????? We just beat them in their stadium in a night game! This is why the playoff exists...stupid

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Is this the year that the ACCCG goes to the top 2 ACC teams as opposed to Atlantic and Coastal division winners? Or next year?

I like the to 2 teams since it lowers the chance of a 2 loss ACCCG winner a lot.
Top 2, otherwise we would still be playing Pitt, Duke, and VT this year.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

I think Carolina will Clempsom a couple and it will be a FSU vs Miami rematch. What the ACC has been wanting for a long time.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
How are we below Wake????? We just beat them in their stadium in a night game! This is why the playoff exists...stupid

Don't shoot the messenger; but here's likely how. First of all.... when you look at a #50 ranking... right in the middle of the CFB 'pool', there is going to be essentially no difference +/- 15 from any specific spot. IOW GT and Wake could be anywhere from around 35-65. We're in the middle of that bell curve/distribution. But these rankings/polls can't operate in tiers.. they have to put a number on it. We both clicked on it... so, we're part of the problem too. :)

The CBS crew is not ONLY looking at win/losses. They cannot assess GT and Wake in a vacuum. We got the W. Scored 30. Wake got 16. Statistically, it came down to turnovers. Otherwise, it looked pretty even. Wake had twice as many 1st downs as Tech. I think GT (and Wake) are about where they belong based on resumes. It will be interesting if GT continues to sort of improve and move up while Wake slides more. I betting that will be the case.

slugboy

Staff member
They’re 3-1, and haven’t been terrible since 2019. It’s a body of work.

Our body of work is we’re 2-2, with one of the wins against an FCS team. We have a mediocre last year with Johnson and 4 bad years since as our past 5 years. Journalist, coaches, and ADs and the math models aren’t going to rate us highly until we win a lot.

We have to dig out of a ditch, here.