ACC Schedule to be released 1/29

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
Any thoughts on the schedule?
And any thoughts or comments on the upcoming season, what would y'all like to see happen?

thwgjacket

ACC did help us in one way, probably inadvertently. No team had a bye week before us except VT and we get that same bye week. UNC does play us after Deleware though...shocking.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
It was unfortunately booked about a month before even UGA's schedule was out. This has to be some kind of karma thing coming back around from something I did or said.
Karma for booking a wedding in football season in the south? Prepare to find all the men hidden in a back room with booze and streaming football games. Half the wedding, you and your bride will be wondering "Where the h*** is everyone?" The other half, she will be wondering "Where the h*** are you?" Just tell her you went to thank the guests for coming.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That last stretch of 3 will be taxing, but overall, I am pleased. But, I don't know why Bud Foster, who already does better against our O than just about any D-coordinator, gets the extra time, but oh well.
Bud has many years experience as dc - MSU dc = 0 , uga - 2 years , fsu - 2 years.

If we can catch passes and our DL can get some pressure in max protect, DC experience won't matter. The gt defense will put the opponents off the field more often VIA punts and coach will then open up the whole offense.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
Karma for booking a wedding in football season in the south? Prepare to find all the men hidden in a back room with booze and streaming football games. Half the wedding, you and your bride will be wondering "Where the h*** is everyone?" The other half, she will be wondering "Where the h*** are you?" Just tell her you went to thank the guests for coming.
Haha I got married on the vt game last year me and the guys where in the back watching the game till time for the wedding and after my dad keep me updated during the reception!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
8457513.jpeg

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN: ACC schedule has strength from start to finish
Those tired of Clemson and Florida State deciding the ACC Atlantic Division -- and a potential College Football Playoff berth in this new era -- in September and October, received a welcome surprise Thursday morning.

The Tigers and Seminoles will play Nov. 7, and the winner very well could have the inside track to represent the ACC in the playoffs.

That is, of course, if either team can get through an October date with Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets, who dismantled Mississippi State in the Orange Bowl, might just be the ACC’s best team in 2015 and favorite to make the playoff. Georgia Tech travels to Clemson on Oct. 10, then hosts Florida State on Oct. 24.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Its a good thing for TV ratings for the ACC to have Tech play clemson and FSU next year but I'm of hte mentality that no team will sweep the other two. That probably will eliminate the ACC from the CFP

On a year in which we have a good home schedule and season ticket sales were bound to increase, having two Thursday night games is a BIG mistake. Tech should at least offer a 5-game season ticket for those who, regardless of the reason, can't make it to a Thursday night game. Many people outside the Atlanta area simply can't make it on a work / school night. If Tech wants to build and sustain a good fan base, then they need to start addressing the needs and wants of the fans. Don't get me wrong, I live outside Atlanta, and I will be there no matter what day or time they play. But not all fans can say that.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Tech doesn't control the Thursday night games.

We requested not to have any outside of the first game.

Tech doesn't control the Thursday night games.
We requested not to have any outside of the first game.
I realize that, but Tech DOES control how they sell season tickets, and it would seem to make damn good sense to me for those in charge to offer a Saturday-only season ticket package to attract those who are unable to attend Thursday games but still want tickets. Some may buy the entire package and eat or give away their tickets, but why not give them a break and show that you care?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
My thought is that one of these years Georgia Southern is going to beat them, which will put an end to that particular scheduling trick. Hopefully that year will be 2015.
I think their will be political pressure for both of us to play them on a regular basis. Would not be surprised if they become a regular every other year. GSU could become scary good.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Our coaches are talking about making a run for the NC. This schedule serves that purpose.

A bad schedule, in my mind, was the 2013 schedule that had us travelling to Miami and BYU back to back and 8 straight weeks without a bye, with major 4 Division opponents in 1st 6 weeks.

This schedule isn't bad, imo.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Our real schedule problem is VT who has the easiest schedule in the division. They could, even with a so-so team, be undefeated or a one loss team in ACC when we play them. It will be a "must win" game for us just due to their weak ACC schedule.

for some reason i think they will keep on sucking in '15