Acc releasing schedule today

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I’ll know where we are at after UCF.
and please for the love of god can we get off our asses and fill BDS for the Clemson game with our own fans. I’ll see y’all there.
This is what the Clemson game at BDS looked like in 2018 from the student section. Hopefully it will look much better this go ‘round. Fingers crossed anyway
61D0976D-0FDD-452F-AA14-1CE262AB16B7.jpeg

ABC77ABA-5722-4E81-A307-125F3904DDB9.jpeg

Attachments

• AD3124C8-8757-43DC-A40B-ACDDE711C66F.jpeg
    AD3124C8-8757-43DC-A40B-ACDDE711C66F.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 22784344-D0D5-47B8-A5A9-AD64FF42822F.jpeg
    22784344-D0D5-47B8-A5A9-AD64FF42822F.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 21

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

Thursday, Sept. 3 – Clemson* (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Sept. 12 – Gardner-Webb (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Sept. 19 – UCF (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Sept. 26 – at North Carolina* (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
Saturday, Oct. 3 – at Virginia Tech* (Blacksburg, Va.)
Saturday, Oct. 17 – Virginia* (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Oct. 24 – at Pitt* (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
Saturday, Oct. 31 – at Syracuse* (Syracuse, N.Y.)
Saturday, Nov. 7 – Duke* (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Nov. 14 – Notre Dame (Mayhem at MBS – Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
Saturday, Nov. 21 – Miami (Fla.)* (Bobby Dodd Stadium)
Saturday, Nov. 28 – at Georgia (Athens, Ga.)

Holy living Jeebus!!

That's a mere 10 (count 'me, 10) bowl teams on our schedule, including leading off with the runner-up to the MNC and finishing with the Orange Bowl champ. Whoever scheduled us for this year should be taken out to the middle of North Avenue at rush hour and left in the traffic. I called it the Season of Doom before. And now we see it all written out.

If Collins wins 5 - 6 games against that slate, he should be ACC - shoot, National - Coach of the Year.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Counting bowl teams really doesn’t mean much anymore. How many went? Half? I look at the Coastal and we should go minimum 5-3 every year. Even in a down year.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I’m fine having Clemson week 1 again, let’s take our L and move on with the rest of the season — just don’t let it lead to a Gardner-Webb loss the next week…Obviously the 4 road games in 5 games is BRUTAL, but I do like having 3 November home games again, and at least on paper the latter two of @Pitt and @Syracuse should be more winnable than @UNC and @VT.... I say we can top out at 7-5 this year...Going with safe pick of 6-6! Go Jackets!!!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
This may upset some people but I'd be good with just a win improvement over last year. I'm expecting 4-5 wins.

We are going to recruit better.

That means younger players are going to get a lot of playing time comparatively speaking.

People should know what playing younger people means in football.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
A few notes from the schedule:
We play 5 before the break on Oct 10 and 7 after--- got to stay healthy.
ND, Miami and uga to end the season---lotta chances to ruin other peoples seasons.
For the second year in a row, we have 7 home (MBS is a home game) games---Im starting to feel like an $EC team
I'm optimistic with 9 wins---clempson, rudy off sides and uga I got down as L's (but I have been wrong before ;))
225 Days, 9 hours and 13 minutes until Toe Meets Leather!!!!!!

Getting Clemson early in the season is... GOOD
Getting Miami late in the season is... GOOD
Having the bye week roughly in the middle is... GOOD
Playing only one sure fire win is... BAD
Playing four teams that will be pretty heavily favored is...BAD

With incremental improvement on both lines and more consistent quarterback play the chance of a winning season and a minor bowl of some sort are reasonable...but so is another three win season. It could go either way.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
No doubt it's a tough schedule. We need to take care of UCF and feast during the UVA, Pitt, Syracuse, Duke stretch. All of those games will be winnable (and lose-able)

Pretty much. UVA returns a bunch of starters, something like 21 but none of them is named Perkins. I have forgotten what I knew about the other four but none of them should have anyone, much less us, shaking in our boots. I don't know that much about UCF just that a lot of teams in recent years have underestimated them and come to grief.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What's the difference in first or last? If they're at the end of the schedule they have had the same amount of time to get experience as we have. The problem with Clemson being first is that they have tons of former freshmen and sophomores returning -- more than half their team -- and the No. 1 recruiting class with a bit of chance to get better in February. I don't like it that Lawrence had a bad NC game because he will be out to prove himself to himself and to the NFL.. But it is a good schedule in the sense of a true measuring stick of improvement and we might in fact find out if Collins can actually coach. Clemson won't run it up because it won't have to and because it is not Swinney's nature, but Georgia and ND might need blowout wins to get into the playoffs. If they do, look out.

It has been my experience, that it is just about always better for your team if you play Clemson early before they get firing on all cylinders. For whatever reason, they typically start off a little slow and get better really quick.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Worst case 3-9 after a 1-4 start
Likely 4-8
Possible 5-7
Miracle 6-6 plus a minor bowl game

I expect us to play people closer than this past year. Potential blowout losses to Clemson, ND and ugag. Playing any of those guys close would be a good sign. I would be disappointed if we have any blowout losses vs the rest of the teams on the schedule. Losing to VT 45-0 or getting waxed by Duke again would be cause for concern. No reason for those types of losses this year. Be competitive and lose close if we lose. Show some improvement as the season goes on so that going into year 3 it becomes realistic that we can take a bigger step forward then sign another top 25 class.

Anything from 3 wins to 6 is possible. I don't think it would take a miracle to win 6 games just a lot of improvement on both lines. If the Jackets manage to win 7 or more, then we should deify Coach Collins, tear down the Heisman statue, build Coach Collins a statue, put him in the ring of honor, rename Bobby Dodd Way, you get the idea.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
No doubt. Just being realistic. We CAN beat every team on the schedule including Clemson this upcoming year. I don't believe that to be the case for last year. Nobody gave us a chance against Clemson in 2011.

We will be young and inexperienced so I just want to see us stick to the process, get better, play hard. Wins will come.

"GET BETTER. PLAY HARD" should be tattooed on every players' arm.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This is what the Clemson game at BDS looked like in 2018 from the student section. Hopefully it will look much better this go ‘round. Fingers crossed anyway
View attachment 7611
View attachment 7612

Going back to the 1960s, there has never been a game at Grant Field with Clemson when there were not hordes of them all over the place. I don't really mind, they are not near as obnoxious as UGA fans and Da U among others. Usually pretty nice folks when it comes down to it compared to some.