Acc releasing schedule today

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Only 1 game in October. That's usually when we get the best viewing weather, so I'd rather see more. Will be there regardless.

Catching Clemson the first game of the year could be a blessing. They tend to improve as the season progresses.

Agree about not liking Thursday night home games, but if you're going to do it, the Thursday before Labor Day is ideal for the fans, opening up the long weekend to make other plans.

White_Gold

GT Athlete

Decent chance we are going to open vs Clemson 3 more seasons if you look at the future schedules.

I'm ok with it, we have voodoo magic against top-ranked Clemson at night in BDS. Plus, once we are good, it can be a chance to catch them off-guard (especially if we have a different OC -not calling for the head FYI) and start the season with some MAJOR hype.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. We might get into that "quality loss" conversation too.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Virginia fell 8 points short to a top 10 Florida team from giving us our 5th opponent next year who had 10+ wins. 9 bowl opponents. LOL.

I went through everyone's bye weeks and tried to find some reason to complain, but I came up empty. Oh well, gotta find something else to complain about I suppose.

Personally have a feeling that UVA may see the largest drop between seasons. Their QB play will be crucial but I could see them being like Syracuse this past season.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Atlanta United plays a home game at 3:30 the same day as UCF. I am REALLY hoping Tech gets a 7pm kickoff so I can do the double, but I highly doubt it : (
My original plan was to try and hit a Tech game and a falcons game in one weekend. They play the Lions this year so I want to put a guys trip together. All my friends up here love the sorry *** Lions.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Oh yes!! Start making those post season plans ery-body!!
We goin to "The Ship "
Screenshot_20200122-140343_Chrome.jpg

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Love Thursday night games!! [emoji169][emoji169][emoji169]
Clempson will over look the Jackets but we have the opportunity to shock the CFP by taking care of them early on. We need to recruit Chase Brice to start against the tiggers [emoji1303]

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I actually like starting with Clemson. Let the guys know they are kicking things off with the best program in college football. Adds a little motivation during the off season. As for the schedule itself, I still think anything less than 5-7 is a bit lackluster and a disappointment. We are in year two now. Guys have more experience in the new system. Really good transfers who had to sit out now get to play. We have really good recruits coming in. We get back some injured guys. If you call GW a win, and ND/UGA/Clemson a loss then we need to go 4-4 in the remains games. Personally, I don't think that is such a monumental task. If we get to 6-6 or better then that would be a really good job by everyone.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
This may upset some people but I'd be good with just a win improvement over last year. I'm expecting 4-5 wins.

That shouldn't upset anybody. It's the reality of the situation. I will take an improvement in the W column for this season. What I want to see is similar to last year. I want to see improvement in football skills- technique, attitude, cohesion with position units. Club 1010 is exactly what we need. We need to get BIGGER. We were a small team the past 10 years.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
I'm just being a smart a** here . But I would rather not see the same thing as last year. :) a few more wins would be nice.

No doubt. Just being realistic. We CAN beat every team on the schedule including Clemson this upcoming year. I don't believe that to be the case for last year. Nobody gave us a chance against Clemson in 2011.

We will be young and inexperienced so I just want to see us stick to the process, get better, play hard. Wins will come.