ACC Players Who Have Opted Out of 2020 Season

Deleted member 2897

Anything related to it’s disease and treatment were likely moved to the main Coronavirus thread, which was closed. That’s in the main lounge. In the politics section of the lounge is a “Politics of COVID-19 Thread”.

So for all the people who had their posts moved and got warnings (you get a warning if you post about politics outside of the politics thread) that is why.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This is really past the point of absurdity. You ban people from the political threads and then you won't allow ANY discussion that involves an inherently political topic like Covid anywhere else. Have the mods totally lost their minds and perspective on reality? Sure sounds like it. SICKENING !!! It is IMPOSSIBLE to talk about Covid without politics coming into the discussion. DEAL WITH IT, DAMMIT !!!
Yep. Even my attempt to unite everyone around the leg humper recommendation for masks during sex was removed. Might be time to take a break for a while.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yep. Even my attempt to unite everyone around the leg humper recommendation for masks during sex was removed. Might be time to take a break for a while.

FYI, it was not removed. Just moved from the football forum to the Swarm lounge.

I wouldn't get mad at the mods...I wouldn't want their jobs, and they do it for free. I'd blame it on the handful of fonts who ruin it for everyone else.
Some of us think the mods are overstepping their bounds by running this site like FB or Twitter. Are you really content with living in a world where someone else decides whether what you have to say should be heard or not? Fascism at its best.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Some of us think the mods are overstepping their bounds by running this site like FB or Twitter. Are you really content with living in a world where someone else decides whether what you have to say should be heard or not? Fascism at its best.

This is a free board. We all know the rules, and 99% don't have a problem with it because the people who run this site do it out of their love for GT sports. If people don't like the rules, there are plenty of other GT boards to get involved with. If that's not good enough, people are free to start their own board and create their own rules...just like the Eric and John did with GTSwarm. I've gotten my hands slapped by the mods several times...and each time, I accepted it because at the end of the day if you don't follow the rules, you deserve what you get.

Don't make this a freedom of speech issue when it's really a personal issue. I use to post in the political threads, so I understand what it devolves into, and how some fonts take it too far. Mods are too nice to say it out loud, but I'm pretty sure they'd tell us that 1% of the fonts probably causes 99% of their headaches. From a personal standpoint, if I was involved in several threads and had my hand slapped by the mods in each of them, at some point I need to look in the mirror and see what the common denominator is.

Deleted member 2897

This is a free board. We all know the rules, and 99% don't have a problem with it because the people who run this site do it out of their love for GT sports. If people don't like the rules, there are plenty of other GT boards to get involved with. If that's not good enough, people are free to start their own board and create their own rules...just like the Eric and John did with GTSwarm. I've gotten my hands slapped by the mods several times...and each time, I accepted it because at the end of the day if you don't follow the rules, you deserve what you get.

Don't make this a freedom of speech issue when it's really a personal issue. I use to post in the political threads, so I understand what it devolves into, and how some fonts take it too far. Mods are too nice to say it out loud, but I'm pretty sure they'd tell us that 1% of the fonts probably causes 99% of their headaches. From a personal standpoint, if I was involved in several threads and had my hand slapped by the mods in each of them, at some point I need to look in the mirror and see what the common denominator is.

I don’t think anybody is complaining about equal enforcement of the rules. What people complain about is when rules are unevenly enforced. Like recently when apparently 1 or more people posted something political on the Coronavirus thread. Instead of moving those posts to the political forum and issuing a warning, they chose to lock the thread entirely, punishing the rest of the community who did nothing. People will make mistakes, we all do - we are only human, but what should’ve happened is in the light of day when the dust settled, was that they should’ve gone back and followed their rules.

Yada, yada, yada .... same old tripe as an excuse for allowing someone else to determine what can or cannot be said, and, as @bwelbo said, not doing it equitably.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think anybody is complaining about equal enforcement of the rules. What people complain about is when rules are unevenly enforced. Like recently when apparently 1 or more people posted something political on the Coronavirus thread. Instead of moving those posts to the political forum and issuing a warning, they chose to lock the thread entirely, punishing the rest of the community who did nothing. People will make mistakes, we all do - we are only human, but what should’ve happened is in the light of day when the dust settled, was that they should’ve gone back and followed their rules.
That thread has had numerous warnings and cleanups. Im sure the mods got sick of it after a while. If it were some other sites then they would just permanently ban the people who keep causing trouble. They are a little nicer here than other places.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That thread has had numerous warnings and cleanups. Im sure the mods got sick of it after a while. If it were some other sites then they would just permanently ban the people who keep causing trouble. They are a little nicer here than other places.

This.

I think 99% of us understood why the mods did what they did...and no one complained but a handful of fonts...the same handful of fonts that repeatedly get banned from other threads and complain that life on here is unfair for them. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what's going on.