ACC Players Who Have Opted Out of 2020 Season

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
giphy.gif

Oh, you've never really had a job?

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
If you put the football team in a college athlete bubble with all their classes being online, I don't see why that wouldn't work. They just won't be able to interact with kids/family outside the bubble until the school year ends.

I don't know if that's feasible.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So has the Big 10 cancelled the season or not? Differing statements here --- https://www.wrdw.com/2020/08/10/sou...M498JNjaKTdEMYr8Vee9ousQXgv1FBIHkNItnoXYVFiRA
Seems like the Big 10 is trying to backtrack. They (college presidents/admins/etc.,) should’ve known it wouldn’t be a popular decision to cancel the season even among athletes. The wavering on the decision today is strange. If you deem it’s unsafe (i.e., you don’t want to risk COVID-19 related liability for football) to play in the fall, then just announce it and move forward with plans for the spring. Trying to see if other conferences would follow along is stupid.

Seems like the Big 10 is trying to backtrack. They (college presidents/admins/etc.,) should’ve known it wouldn’t be a popular decision to cancel the season even among athletes. The wavering on the decision today is strange. If you deem it’s unsafe (i.e., you don’t want to risk COVID-19 related liability for football) to play in the fall, then just announce it and move forward with plans for the spring. Trying to see if other conferences would follow along is stupid.
The "wrong" people, so to speak, made the decision.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This thread has been cleaned up a bit....anything related to the disease and its treatment and the politics of same has been moved to the correct spot. As always, your continued support, trust and understanding is greatly appreciated here at the home office.

This is really past the point of absurdity. You ban people from the political threads and then you won't allow ANY discussion that involves an inherently political topic like Covid anywhere else. Have the mods totally lost their minds and perspective on reality? Sure sounds like it. SICKENING !!! It is IMPOSSIBLE to talk about Covid without politics coming into the discussion. DEAL WITH IT, DAMMIT !!!

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Go to a political board if you want to talk politics. I don't come here to read peoples crazy political conspiracies. Especially when the thread title is ACC players who have opted out.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This thread has been cleaned up a bit....anything related to the disease and its treatment and the politics of same has been moved to the correct spot. As always, your continued support, trust and understanding is greatly appreciated here at the home office.

Where is the "correct spot"?