ACC Network Updates

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yes and no to this. The football is very important, but hardly the only thing. Even the SEC Network shows 45 FB games per season, compared to 160 basketball games, 75 baseball games and 50 softball games.
It's all about content and you need alot of content.

That's why GT starts the season at NCST in basketball in November and why the ACC is expanding to 20 conference games per year. It was all about content and the need of alot of it for ESPN. But there is no doubt why the first FB game onthe network will have Clemson.

The ACC has a much stronger BB history than the SEC and its fanbase has more BB fans than the SEC so it shouldn't be shocking that some of the early programming is BB related.
Agree, but you would think the ACC and/or ESPN would have locked in the cable companies that serve NC. Unless it has changed in the last couple of days, we still do not the ACCN except via DirectTV and YouTube.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
GT banner right over the Wes's right shoulder. Need to get that ugly VPISU banner out of view. :)

But (and not to start another color conversation) it's blue. I have the gold colored one < which they stopped selling!!!! > and would be willing to part with it if the price is right$$$$$$$$

And I like the touch of his dad's biography over his other shoulder in close ups. As great as Wes is, Woody will always be looming. Wish he would've stayed :(

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes and no to this. The football is very important, but hardly the only thing. Even the SEC Network shows 45 FB games per season, compared to 160 basketball games, 75 baseball games and 50 softball games.
It's all about content and you need alot of content.

That's why GT starts the season at NCST in basketball in November and why the ACC is expanding to 20 conference games per year. It was all about content and the need of alot of it for ESPN. But there is no doubt why the first FB game onthe network will have Clemson.

The ACC has a much stronger BB history than the SEC and its fanbase has more BB fans than the SEC so it shouldn't be shocking that some of the early programming is BB related.

Yeah i get. But literally hour number three of the network is a 1 hour special on duke and coach K. Come on. Seriously? 14 other teams fans switched the channel. At 9 pm a prime hour they should have been doing programming for the wide base. Maybe each schools history and traditions. Or something.

This was so slanted for the get go. I hope it doesn’t end up a NC school advertising network. Its sure felt like that.

Duke, a high christian laettner guest blah blah

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Interesting piece on Coach K and his beginnings at Duke. Believe me I hate Duke basketball but that was a well done documentary. No complaints from me.
Crazy to see how bad they wanted him out and where the program is at now!

Now we can relax and enjoy the ride with CJP. We’re in the same place Duke fans were in K’s first 3 years. Here’s to 12 final 4’s and 5 national titles under Pastner!!! Lol

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting piece on Coach K and his beginnings at Duke. Believe me I hate Duke basketball but that was a well done documentary. No complaints from me.
I enjoyed the show as well.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Its probably the timing of me turning on the ACCN, but I've seen more about Notre Dame sports than real ACC members. Notre Dame needs to join the Big Ten and they probably will one day.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Agree, but you would think the ACC and/or ESPN would have locked in the cable companies that serve NC. Unless it has changed in the last couple of days, we still do not the ACCN except via DirectTV and YouTube.
Duke basketball has a national audience. My guess is that they have far more fans and alumns outside of NC than inside.
As much as I don't care to watch anything about Duke basketball, I thought that was a fairly intelligent place to start the network. Duke basketball has a national audience. Duke football has no audience. How do you get subscribers from a national fan base that otherwise might not request/pay for the network until November when basketball season starts? I think that has something to do with it. Just like when ACCBB tips off, they put very large fan bases as the first games. Start generating revenue and fees as soon as possible. Same reason Clem/GT was selected to kick off the season on a Thurs.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

Now we can relax and enjoy the ride with CJP. We’re in the same place Duke fans were in K’s first 3 years. Here’s to 12 final 4’s and 5 national titles under Pastner!!! Lol
Actually not too far off. I had a Duke season tickets back then and that Wagner loss they talk about had the Iron Dukes in an uproar.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Amazon site where Rokus are being sold in the "reviews" section. I've never heard of such either.

I have never paid Roku for anything (Except purchasing the devices at stores). I connect all kinds of services on my Rokus (Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc). I signed up for a one-week YoutubeTV trial a while back, and didn't have to pay Roku anything.

I have read articles about people going to "Roku" sites that were victims of TypoSquatting. Sites along the lines of Ruku.com or Rokku.com. Those fake sites asked for an activation fee, but the fees were just scams.

slugboy

Staff member
TIFWIW, but I am chatting with a Comcast xfinity customer service rep right now and she said “We are working with the ACC Network to finalize the contract. Once it gets finalized, you will be notified.”

Aside from the “we will notify you by sending an email to a mailbox you never look at”, sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Aside from the “we will notify you by sending an email to a mailbox you never look at”, sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, she asked me to confirm my Comcast email address for the notification email and I totally blanked for a second. I just checked it and apparently it is so full that it is just showing 99+ unread emails.