ACC Network Updates

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
Has anybody heard if the ACCN will be on Cox? My internet where I live is terrible. Streaming is horrible in the building I live in.

Milwaukee

Banned
Exactly my thoughts. This is crap and shocking. We are on the verge of kicking football off with major programs in the acc with history and its all basketball

Wtf.

The whole damn reason for these networks was due to football. Period

They are interviewing christian laettner and ralph sampson. Lol. This cant be worse.

5 more mins and i am done

Legendary HOF players man, calm down. They’re just giving content about the great history and traditions of the league. Laettner and Sampson have EARNED the right to be here today. Show some respect.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Spectrum still sucks, and if I look at their channel lineup, it still shows I don't get ACCN on my package, BUT the agent I spoke with believes this is wrong, and I will be getting it as part of my current package. I will report back later tonight when it starts.

The AGENT was wrong. I still don't have access, and I will probably have to upgrade to get access. I said it before - Spectrum SUCKS.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Legendary HOF players man, calm down. They’re just giving content about the great history and traditions of the league. Laettner and Sampson have EARNED the right to be here today. Show some respect.

Nope. Its a football world. F respect for a guy who said three times about himself he is the greatest lol. His dumbarse is on the paces ferry starbucks all the time being dumb. Across from blue ridge. Dumb dumb. Laettner at least won in ncaa.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
The AGENT was wrong. I still don't have access, and I will probably have to upgrade to get access. I said it before - Spectrum SUCKS.

It may be the same problem I have with Directv - ACCN is included in my package, but not in my zip code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sling in my area has a message up on the "ACC Network Extra" channel which says they are negotiating with Disney and want to give the best possible service.

Again, that is what this is all about - fees to Disney and negotiations. If there is agreement too soon, someone got a bad deal. I expect a lot of us will see in the next month as other negotiations wrap up.

Weather is looking like it's going to cool off over Labor Day weekend. I'll go to the mountains and have zero connectivity. Actually kind of nice.

Milwaukee

Banned
I have Charter Spectrum and it’s included in my package but there’s a catch...only Spectrum customers in select states get the channel right away. Wisconsin Spectrum customers don’t get it until September 6th. They conveniently left out that detail when Charter/Spectrum took to social media last week to announce that we have it. I’m a little pissed.

So we do have it in Wisconsin right away apparently. Channel 340, watching Packer and Durham now. I’m a happy camper.

Milwaukee

Banned
What a load of you-know-what. I confirmed with Directv twice in the last month that ACCN was included in my package. Now they tell me that is “only in select zip codes.” They told me to call ESPN and complain.

I was told the same from Spectrum. But low and behold it’s on this morning. The reps on the phones are the problem.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not sure, I have all the movie channels as well as an add on sports pack so I get everything. Not sure what it’s called though. Sorry.

Thank you. That answers my question somewhat. I have the lowest level package, and maybe they are making people in most markets upgrade to get ACCN. Their representatives are so UNINFORMED when you call them. I called yesterday to try and add a "sports package" because it appeared I needed to add something to get the network, and after a long hold, she came back to tell me that I had the network, but of course, when it started, I found out I don't. The channel is there, but it says to call if I want to add.

Milwaukee

Banned
Thank you. That answers my question somewhat. I have the lowest level package, and maybe they are making people in most markets upgrade to get ACCN. Their representatives are so UNINFORMED when you call them. I called yesterday to try and add a "sports package" because it appeared I needed to add something to get the network, and after a long hold, she came back to tell me that I had the network, but of course, when it started, I found out I don't. The channel is there, but it says to call if I want to add.

Just looked at my statement I have Gold.

Milwaukee

Banned

Try this: hit the Menu button on your remote and on the top left use the Search function: just type in the word Clemson until you see Clemson vs GT show up on the right as being available next week. Click on it and see what channel is has listed, and manually enter that channel number. Worked for me. ACCN isn’t even showing up on my guide, so maybe the rep I spoke to wasn’t lying when she said Sep 6. But I found this workaround.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, Milwaukee.

I called them, and I did have to add either the digital tier 1 or go up to silver to get it, so I did the $12 per month to add digital tier 1 for now (this gives me other sports channels also), and it is playing. It was always showing on 336 for me, but it was not playing, just telling me that if I wanted to add, I had to call a representative.

She said that I get it free through 8/31, and then will start being charged the $12 for the new month. I will keep for 4 months or so, and then disconnect again. :) When I get to December, I may cut off tier 1, and add the YouTube TV for the free 14 day trial.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It may be the same problem I have with Directv - ACCN is included in my package, but not in my zip code.

You could choose to change your HOME location...you might want to talk to them about that. I know that:
  1. with Hulu, the stations on offer change depending upon where their system sees your HOME zip code is.....but you can change it and see different channels. I am in Louisiana viewing my ATL lineup of channels because the system thinks I am still in Georgia (which I have identified as my HOME zip)
  2. I have Spectrum down here, but have the bills sent to my home in Georgia...so it is easy to have service to one location and billing to a separate location
So, you might want to try telling them you want your home location to be in Georgia and your billing where you actually live. I know that works with Hulu...it *might* work with Spectrum......

PS-it does mean that you may have to view the TV on your mobile device and then cast it to your TV. But I'm 68 and if I can figure out how to do that, all of ya'll can too :)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
As much as I don't care to watch anything about Duke basketball, I thought that was a fairly intelligent place to start the network. Duke basketball has a national audience. Duke football has no audience. How do you get subscribers from a national fan base that otherwise might not request/pay for the network until November when basketball season starts? I think that has something to do with it. Just like when ACCBB tips off, they put very large fan bases as the first games. Start generating revenue and fees as soon as possible. Same reason Clem/GT was selected to kick off the season on a Thurs.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
As much as I don't care to watch anything about Duke basketball, I thought that was a fairly intelligent place to start the network. Duke basketball has a national audience. Duke football has no audience. How do you get subscribers from a national fan base that otherwise might not request/pay for the network until November when basketball season starts? I think that has something to do with it. Just like when ACCBB tips off, they put very large fan bases as the first games. Start generating revenue and fees as soon as possible. Same reason Clem/GT was selected to kick off the season on a Thurs.

When I spoke with the Spectrum rep this morning, and I realize this is somewhat anecdotal, but she said they were getting LOTS and LOTS of calls to add the channel. Spectrum had even sent them a special memo regarding the network.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Exactly my thoughts. This is crap and shocking. We are on the verge of kicking football off with major programs in the acc with history and its all basketball

Wtf.

The whole damn reason for these networks was due to football. Period

They are interviewing christian laettner and ralph sampson. Lol. This cant be worse.

5 more mins and i am done

Yes and no to this. The football is very important, but hardly the only thing. Even the SEC Network shows 45 FB games per season, compared to 160 basketball games, 75 baseball games and 50 softball games.
It's all about content and you need alot of content.

That's why GT starts the season at NCST in basketball in November and why the ACC is expanding to 20 conference games per year. It was all about content and the need of alot of it for ESPN. But there is no doubt why the first FB game onthe network will have Clemson.

The ACC has a much stronger BB history than the SEC and its fanbase has more BB fans than the SEC so it shouldn't be shocking that some of the early programming is BB related.