ACC Network Updates

After hearing what all of you pay for tv and internet, I cant help but feel royally screwed with my package. With Comcast, for $270/mo, I basically get all the channels with a sports pack, and starz movie channels only with an internet package that's not really as fast as what's offered in other areas. I don't think the cable has been upgraded enough to provide the really fast speeds, and I'm worried that if I cut the cord and go with Comcast internet only and an online tv provider, the internet signal won't be strong enough to where I can get tv in the bedrooms without constant stopping.
Very similar to my experience with WOW in Augusta. I switched from Comcast to WOW about 10 years ago, because it was (at the time) more economical. It's certainly not so now, although I'm not sure it's worse.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
ESPN has already done that. It used to be you could get just about any game on ESPN3....then it moved to you had to get the channel....like ESPNU....they have been making in more difficult and expensive to watch the games you want to watch.

They never had important games on ESPN3 only. The ESPN apps have always required a cable/sat subscription in order to watch games live. Replays have been available in the past on ESPN3 without a subscription.

ESPN has been making television more expensive, not just sports. Every single person inside an SEC media area pays at least $1.25 for the SEC Network. ESPN has not been an advertisement supported company for a very long time. They will not pay the ACC a lot of money and then give the content away for free. They also will not pay the ACC a lot of money and then rely on ad revenue only. The ACC should have made this deal 10 years ago. I think they are too late to get in on the ESPN model.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I find it comical that the ACCN and individual teams are begging fans to call the cable companies to carry the channel. That should have been the new network's top priority starting two years ago......instead of thinking they were sitting in the catbird's seat. ESPN continues to destroy college sports. I will end up watching less and less games.

I think the ACC is begging fans to call the providers so that Disney/ESPN/AACN can get more money out of the providers in negotiations. Follow the money. Disney/ESPN is just trying to maximize profit which is fine as this is not essential but only entertainment.

I really wish I cared more; I was serious when I said it is important to me for the ACCN service to be resolved by baseball season.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
Depends on the device you’re running it through. For most devices, there is a YouTube TV App you can download. I have a Amazon Fire TV and there isn’t an app... it was crazy on how to download it. Long story short, I have Hulu instead and it’s just fine.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
How do you watch YouTube TV once you buy it. Is it on YouTube?

DCS: Here a list of TV types and device types that will allow you to have YouTube TV app. I have no idea why when I pasted these, they became the size of small dinosaurs.

Smart TVs

oV4ULOaldT151s0fRaB1-TA2mevZNJh60oOyKBGJ9fqbAHfQOsmqBsJN9K_y2IQmDr-7aJs4i4c19XOVMNX-6ZV4s93nBEVNsRhvKkg=v2-s585

Select Sony TVs, NVIDIA Shield, & more with Android TV built-in

AIbf2OG2j03RsrULV0belxEjqbFO1MiVA7a9e0dR--U0QcqKvKON17QybnGn3lEs3VfKqz2CYwqKTWAuk_lMcIT2karQRrqlqkHYOg=v2-s734

Samsung smart TVs (2016+ models only)

qiI11o2OJH5GFOOue5fAcx6WYlMC0mLG_hucgCCYwnW_M-o9dv51cNwYW84_9foQozD3p5RhYbCBMSa_bHU3kXnXfnhdLgvHbonMQw=v2-s457

LG smart TVs (2016+ models only)

At7ctwwwUUpwNDBqqmw4ZKvQqcmjwCPnZ_WaIh3nXMDp7Ym4f5_gNWfXu_bPZ9UfybnCO2pV5twnAyKmLOCSD669rAVKkfIMk_MScg=v2-s1499

Select Vizio SmartCast models

UFwI5wlRWARjd3eTzqDyoqOxsznnATNZ5z52O1YFDIjHZMKzVj8ibuPyckjtTpRQ_gjP9X0XA715GS2DGJt4lTdSt7_VWRGa8F8YV3Y=v2-s2592

Select Hisense Smart TV Models

IMOiEBeta27se8TBKF3FNWYUi4vFCcjZJKu4P5xYwWS3hzAsP3MRJ7-J_PWxGUSh_3k6G3kpe6Ri7reiQoIf3tYyDJlRFPpV_pHbyHw=v2-s648

Select Sharp Smart TV Models

Streaming Media Players

AoKEy05DiJufKroceC0gk4l-o-X8L1CitVYjAIJG8ntyHZXzbb4wVAT6SZxDm-7evoM3MM3XRFp_UuWycI11OD5-bvOYbMXS7nOtew=v2-s519

Chromecast & Chromecast Ultra

oD9WEH8GPK2a-FhN3ZhbMtlzle-87UblwJc6dRB-RigpSsWOpWqpACxpmuKUBd0HW113CCF9Qu5qWndQRzn5yQbgc6KV_0MJCxSu6oc=v2-s409

Roku Players & TVs

3vNcCb_c315r1uhBsH4j7K2fWHpoKSlZnxoLnWM5g10UWahYxvxq7hvLy9ziKeZB2NBF0MuEwPqOPaZo3ESfK1L59THiVORueqc3CQ=v2-s490

Apple TV (4th generation & 4K)

aa8P35G5vCDXpyhe3u130uEYRF45rxvaaxb-Vgft6OH71xsU1dbDHoLQYfc7HHdg8r2GW_ijYWdIooAAQ5xIknB84jiVBF7as0Zg=v2-s274

coming later this year

Animal02

Banned
They never had important games on ESPN3 only. The ESPN apps have always required a cable/sat subscription in order to watch games live. Replays have been available in the past on ESPN3 without a subscription.

ESPN has been making television more expensive, not just sports. Every single person inside an SEC media area pays at least $1.25 for the SEC Network. ESPN has not been an advertisement supported company for a very long time. They will not pay the ACC a lot of money and then give the content away for free. They also will not pay the ACC a lot of money and then rely on ad revenue only. The ACC should have made this deal 10 years ago. I think they are too late to get in on the ESPN model.
With regard to ESPN3.....all the games were available, and as long as you had ESPN, you could access all the games.....it is far more limited today and kind of useless IMO. They just continue to ruin college sports.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
With regard to ESPN3.....all the games were available, and as long as you had ESPN, you could access all the games.....it is far more limited today and kind of useless IMO. They just continue to ruin college sports.
Are you talking about ESPN3 or ESPN+?

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m sure this has been covered at some point. But I found that if you have YTTV, you can still get games on the WatchESPN app. YTTV will be the provider just like uverse or xfinity etc has been in the past. That’s a big deal when it comes to baseball and maybe some basketball games too as they may not be offered on accn.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
If you love sports, YouTube TV is the way to go. Only channels they lack are PAC-12, NFLN, and NHLH, and there's enough coverage of those elsewhere. NFLN lost it's value when they let other networks broadcast TNF, and NBC Sports covers hockey better than the NHL. Can't beat $50/month (and I got in at $35) with YTTV, and the one-time cost of however many Chromecasts you want in your house.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have basic cable with Spectrum. It costs $22/month. I have SlingTV Blue+Orange and pay $45/month. Has anyone done the switch from a similar combo to YouTubeTV? If so, any feedback would be welcome. Thanks.