ACC Network Updates

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed that the carriage rate is likely the item being debated. I know for a fact that Comcast previously has been unhappy with the cost mix of their “premium channels” and that the espn suite is significantly more cost to them than other HBO/Cinemax etc channels. I’m sure they are trying to stop the bleeding before picking up a new espn/Disney product that will raise the espn cost even higher.

That said, in the end, I think they’ll pay whatever it takes to get the content. If I’m wrong then I’ll switch but I don’t want to deal with the headache now only to find they pick it up after I switched everything off (cable, internet and home security).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Btw Midtown, didcha ever hear from Charlie?

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
ok, so I've heard all of you guys about youtube, PSvue, Hulu, etc. Given that I have 1 smart TV and my dad has none, these are not great options for streaming. (yes we are behind on technology, but we have other priorities for $$). I'm holding out hope that at the last minute Uverse or Xfinity will pick it up.............

Is there a radio station that will carry it? I really hate to miss SEEING the game, but I need a backup plan for the half of the season that I won't be physically attending.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
ok, so I've heard all of you guys about youtube, PSvue, Hulu, etc. Given that I have 1 smart TV and my dad has none, these are not great options for streaming. (yes we are behind on technology, but we have other priorities for $$). I'm holding out hope that at the last minute Uverse or Xfinity will pick it up.............

Is there a radio station that will carry it? I really hate to miss SEEING the game, but I need a backup plan for the half of the season that I won't be physically attending.
https://tunein.com/radio/Georgia-Tech-Football-s230311/

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

You can get a Roku for $25 and turn any TV with an HDMI input into a smart TV.

slugboy

Staff member
Roku is a nice choice—I like it. Others have liked Chromecast, Amazon FireStick, or Apple TV.
Roku has a nice smartphone app for a controller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It may not be listed on their channel lineup until tomorrow, when the channel is live.
I hope that is the answer because doggoned if I can find it in any combination. If you're right it gives me plenty of time to make up my mind about YouTube. After slashing cable I am a little reluctant to buy even the cheaper brand, but YouTube's provision that you can bail when you want is attractive. I will keep an eye out.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I also despise espn but the exact thing you want is available: https://getaccn.com/

It still does not give you the channel number. I live in South Carolina now. I have Direct TV and when you click on that option it takes you to the Direct TV website there is no mention of the ACC Network or what channel it will be on. Since the SEC network is on 611, I figure the ACC Network will be somewhere close to that. The Big 10 Network is 610 so my prediction is that the ACC Network will be 612 or 613.

Go Jackets!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
It still does not give you the channel number. I live in South Carolina now. I have Direct TV and when you click on that option it takes you to the Direct TV website there is no mention of the ACC Network or what channel it will be on. Since the SEC network is on 611, I figure the ACC Network will be somewhere close to that. The Big 10 Network is 610 so my prediction is that the ACC Network will be 612 or 613.

Go Jackets!
I read that ESPN sets channel numbers and it has been confirmed that it will be on channel 612 for upstate NY and it is a good bet it will be 612 nation wide.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I read that ESPN sets channel numbers and it has been confirmed that it will be on channel 612 for upstate NY and it is a good bet it will be 612 nation wide.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Direct tv customer service told me several days ago chanels 205 and 600. Tune in tomorrow which is the first day of it.

Inexplicably but very fortunately, I suddenly seem to have a great wifi connection between my bedroom and my TV room, so, if worst comes to worst, I SHOULD be able to stream across my wifi so I won't have to watch future games in my bedroom.