ACC Kickoff

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
David Cutcliffe: Mannings' annual workouts benefit Duke players

"What's great is for our players, they see this work ethic, see not only Peyton and Eli, but the receivers and how they're running routes, and they just soak it all up," Cutcliffe said. "It's fun for me, but it's meaningful for our team."

Or Duke could just watch GT's receivers before they get to the NFL. To each his own I guess.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
David Cutcliffe: Mannings' annual workouts benefit Duke players

"What's great is for our players, they see this work ethic, see not only Peyton and Eli, but the receivers and how they're running routes, and they just soak it all up," Cutcliffe said. "It's fun for me, but it's meaningful for our team."

Or Duke could just watch GT's receivers before they get to the NFL. To each his own I guess.

I just remembered Duke actually wanted to hire CPJ and CPJ turned them down for GT.

That's probably why Cutcliffe has a inferiority complex around CPJ. Not only does our high school offense put more guys in the pros, not only does CPJ own a one sided record against him, but he's gotta coach at Duke knowing it's CPJ's sloppy coaching seconds.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

One of the things that sticks out in that interview, as well as my perception of CPJ when he talks about other programs, is that he never throws another coach under the bus or says anything negative about another program. Talking about Mark Richt, CPJ was pretty laudatory with praise, and he was quite complimentary of Butch Jones at UT (even though most fans knows he's shady with recruiting).

There's a certain coach in Durham, NC that could learn a few things watching CPJ conduct himself.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From Schultz's article- "Do you know the trick to getting an opinion out of Paul Johnson? Say hello."
I just think that is too funny.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Fron AJC - On readying Thomas’ successor for the future: “I’m not worried about that. I’m worried about ’15 right now. I’ll worry about ’17 or ’18 later. Shoot, I may not even be coaching in ’18. It might be somebody else’s problem.”
:joyful:

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Fron AJC - On readying Thomas’ successor for the future: “I’m not worried about that. I’m worried about ’15 right now. I’ll worry about ’17 or ’18 later. Shoot, I may not even be coaching in ’18. It might be somebody else’s problem.”
:joyful:
Do you have a link to the AJC article?