ACC Kickoff

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, I was trying to find the origin of "carry a football like a loaf of bread" but had no luck. It's a weird metaphor because nobody in their right mind carries bread like that.
Exactly. It is goofy. This from Urban Dictionary---
Like a loaf of bread
"The way TV sports announcers, usually following a fumble, describe a football player's style of holding the ball, when he has it in one hand away from his body. It's ridiculous because no one has ever actually seen anyone hold a loaf of bread that way, but they say it every time anyway.
No wonder he fumbled. Look how he was carrying it out there like a loaf of bread."

I heard it used earlier today or yesterday. And, JT on his ACC media "Play by play" deal chided himself for that. He watched himself on a touchdown run and really made fun of himself for being reckless with the ball. I think he referred to it similarly...maybe a grocery store carry.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
JT and DJ just finished a press conference. The two biggest things I took away from it was:

JT: When coach sends in a play he knows why. He sees what coach is seeing and they're on the same page. Also, he doesn't think the new players at B and Aback are gonna result in more turnovers.

DJ: Knowing your job and good communication in the secondary is the key not having defensive breakdowns and keeping points off the board. Experienced players is the key in achieving that. He also said that takeaways have been a focus under Roof since day one. They work on it every day and have guys who are natural ball hawks.
Here's a good 1.5 min soundbite/video clip
GT'S JUSTIN THOMAS KEYING ON IMPROVING AS ALL-AROUND QB

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hey do you have a link so I can listen to it on my iPhone?
That's the link posted on Rivals. Unless someone knows how to convert to another format?

Audio: Justin Thomas talks GT 2015
spacer1.gif

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Johnson: Despite success, keep expectations at Tech in check

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...tions-at-tech-/nm3xj/#9dda4b71.3828699.735799

Asked a few different times and a few different ways if the expectations should be different at Tech now, Johnson said, “Let me say it this way: I don’t see anything that’s changed other than that we won 11 games. We didn’t add majors. We didn’t pour more money into the football program. We didn’t go hire high-priced guys. It’s kind of the same as it’s always been.”

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I loved Justin Thomas' responses when asked if, as a QB, he wishes Tech would throw the ball more?

Among his responses--
* If we weren't throwing the ball, we wouldn't have had 2 WR's drafted into the NFL. We throw it when we need to.
* If it ain't broke, why fix it. We were moving it pretty good last year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Johnson: Despite success, keep expectations at Tech in check

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...tions-at-tech-/nm3xj/#9dda4b71.3828699.735799

Asked a few different times and a few different ways if the expectations should be different at Tech now, Johnson said, “Let me say it this way: I don’t see anything that’s changed other than that we won 11 games. We didn’t add majors. We didn’t pour more money into the football program. We didn’t go hire high-priced guys. It’s kind of the same as it’s always been.”
Real suprised by this comment:

“What was it coach (George) O’Leary said? You can’t be Harvard Monday through Friday and Alabama on Saturday. Now, sometimes you can. But to suggest you can do it consistently probably isn’t going to happen.”