ACC Football Thread

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here are the ACC teams that the Sporting News think are going to Bowl Games and the Bowl Games that they think they're going to

Orange Bowl: Clemson vs Notre Dame

National Championship Game: Clemson vs Alabama

Sun Bowl: Syracuse vs Arizona State

Military Bowl: Boston College vs Cincinnati

Belk Bowl: Virginia vs Auburn

Camping World Bowl: NCSU vs Iowa State

Music City Bowl: Pitt vs Vanderbilt

Pinstripe Bowl: Duke vs Purdue

Quick Lane Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Minnesota

Birmingham Bowl: Georgia Tech vs Memphis

First Responder Bowl: Wake Forest vs Marshall

Citrus Bowl: Miami vs Kentucky

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here are the ACC teams that Brad Crawford of 247sports think are going to Bowl Games and the Bowl Games that he thinks they will go to

Cotton Bowl: Clemson vs Notre Dame

Belk Bowl: Virginia vs Missouri

Music City Bowl: Miami vs Texas A&M

Pinstripe Bowl: Syracuse vs Michigan State

Quick Lane Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Minnesota

Camping World Bowl: NCSU vs West Virginia or Georgia Tech vs Temple

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
The Mack Brown hire for UNC imo is a risk move with a high reward possibility for them. From what I have seen so far no one has posted what his contract looks like so I don’t know how big of a risk it is but I believe it could result in a big reward if he gets the right pieces. He was a good coach there and only needs 4 wins there to become their winningest coach of all time. He’s had a great coaching career and now he can come in and can be a CEO type of coach if he wants. Like I have said I believe it’s a great way to go if don’t correctly. Clemson is an example with Dabo that it can be done correctly. I’ve seen reports that he wants to hire Gene Chizik to be his DC and Kliff Kingsbury as his OC and on paper that sounds like it could be a dangerous team. Gene Chizik’s head coaching was up and down but the man can run a defense and he can recruit. Kliff Kingsbury is an offensive guru and will be able to get the talent to have that team rolling. Mack Brown we know can recruit and we all know it’s not hard to recruit there.

For our sake I hope that doesn’t happen because on paper that team could take over a wide open coastal division. I also believe with UNC supposedly being in his top three, this could lock up Kelly Bryant going there and that would give them a proven starter to kick off things with.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Mack Brown hire for UNC imo is a risk move with a high reward possibility for them. From what I have seen so far no one has posted what his contract looks like so I don’t know how big of a risk it is but I believe it could result in a big reward if he gets the right pieces. He was a good coach there and only needs 4 wins there to become their winningest coach of all time. He’s had a great coaching career and now he can come in and can be a CEO type of coach if he wants. Like I have said I believe it’s a great way to go if don’t correctly. Clemson is an example with Dabo that it can be done correctly. I’ve seen reports that he wants to hire Gene Chizik to be his DC and Kliff Kingsbury as his OC and on paper that sounds like it could be a dangerous team. Gene Chizik’s head coaching was up and down but the man can run a defense and he can recruit. Kliff Kingsbury is an offensive guru and will be able to get the talent to have that team rolling. Mack Brown we know can recruit and we all know it’s not hard to recruit there.

For our sake I hope that doesn’t happen because on paper that team could take over a wide open coastal division. I also believe with UNC supposedly being in his top three, this could lock up Kelly Bryant going there and that would give them a proven starter to kick off things with.
Hopefully Kliff Kingsbury will wind up as the OC at Tennessee and not North Carolina:)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
According to Football Scoop Loserville is interested in Appalachian State head coach Scott Satterfield and Troy head coach Neil Brown(Hopefully they will be too smart to go to that Cesspool):rolleyes:Loserville according to Football Scoop think Jeff Brohm is asking for too much and should be more reasonable:rolleyes:

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
According to Football Scoop Loserville is interested in Appalachian State head coach Scott Satterfield and Troy head coach Neil Brown(Hopefully they will be too smart to go to that Cesspool):rolleyes:Loserville according to Football Scoop think Jeff Brohm is asking for too much and should be more reasonable:rolleyes:
I wouldn’t want Brohm. Satterfield and Brown are intriguing but idk how I would feel about GT hiring either one of them. I want to see us go get a proven recruiter and idk how either one of those guys would do recruiting at Tech. I know I’m the only one or one of the few but I still like the idea of Key for us and a couple of other guys, so if we don’t make a move no and Satterfield, Brown, and some of the other names thar have been tossed around get hired by other programs, we’ll just all have to hope they turn out to be bad hires.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here are the ACC teams that Kerry Miller of Bleacher Report thinks are going to Bowl Games and the Bowl Games that he thinks they will go to

Gasparilla Bowl: Georgia Tech vs USF

Birmingham Bowl: Wake Forest vs Memphis

Independence Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Vanderbilt

Military Bowl: Duke vs Cincinnati

Pinstripe Bowl: Syracuse vs Purdue

Belk Bowl: NCSU vs South Carolina

Sun Bowl: Boston College vs California

Taxslayer Gator Bowl: Miami vs Auburn

Camping World Bowl: Pitt vs Iowa State

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here are the ACC teams that Kerry Miller of Bleacher Report thinks are going to Bowl Games and the Bowl Games that he thinks they will go to

Gasparilla Bowl: Georgia Tech vs USF

Birmingham Bowl: Wake Forest vs Memphis

Independence Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Vanderbilt

Military Bowl: Duke vs Cincinnati

Pinstripe Bowl: Syracuse vs Purdue

Belk Bowl: NCSU vs South Carolina

Sun Bowl: Boston College vs California

Taxslayer Gator Bowl: Miami vs Auburn

Camping World Bowl: Pitt vs Iowa State
Here's one more ACC Bowl prediction from Kerry Miller of Bleacher Report