ACC Football Kickoff

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah I'm not really trusting these numbers. At the very least I remember losing a game to both FSU & NC State, so that's 2 Atlantic losses right there.

I think it might be regular season only. Because we've lost 2 to FSU in ACCCG but the only regular season one I can think of is NC state my freshman year.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ya I'll count that as a forfeit when the NCAA actually hands down a meaningful penalty to UNCheat. Basically never. NCAA can kiss my @$$ too.
You're right. Georgia Tech. can't count it as a win and Clemson must count it as a loss. But, the NCAA has no jurisdiction as to my right to communicate and I know the truth is Paul Johnson is 5-5 vs Dabo Swinney.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What is the craziest thing a fan has said to you on social mmedia?

“Can I go back to high school? This one is a little different. It’s not something somebody said. It was, like, a Tuesday night high school basketball game. We’re playing in this basically empty gym. They have a student section of, like four people. There is one kid there just reading my tweets out to the crowd for the entire first half. I had the worst first half I have ever played, and this guy is just sitting there reading my high school tweets.” -- Fields

LOL

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not a representative cross-section but thought this was still interesting
Survey says: ACC players sound off on numerous topics

Kinda shameful on us Tech fans not to even get a mention as a tough place to play. But immnot at all surprised. Vast majority of gameday fans sit on their hands all game and rarely yell...even on 3rd down for defense. We have a horrid game day crowd.

I really don't care very much about what colors fans wear in the stands. They could wear any color but the opposing team colors so long as they would just show a little bit of life. We aren't even the walking dead anymore...we are the sitting dead.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
GT picked 3rd in Coastal by ACC Media Day media:
http://www.theacc.com/news/florida-state-leads-acc-football-preseason-poll-07-17-2017

Atlantic Division

(First-place votes in parenthesis)
1. Florida State (121) – 1,108
2. Clemson (37) – 1,007
3. Louisville (9) - 843
4. NC State - 658
5. Wake Forest – 415
6. Syracuse - 362
7. Boston College - 283

Coastal Division
(First-place votes in parenthesis)
1. Miami (103) – 1,065
2. Virginia Tech (40) – 932
3. Georgia Tech (9) – 708
4. Pitt (7) – 673
5. North Carolina (4) - 606
6. Duke (4) -473
7. Virginia -219

Milwaukee

Banned
Kinda shameful on us Tech fans not to even get a mention as a tough place to play. But immnot at all surprised. Vast majority of gameday fans sit on their hands all game and rarely yell...even on 3rd down for defense. We have a horrid game day crowd.

I really don't care very much about what colors fans wear in the stands. They could wear any color but the opposing team colors so long as they would just show a little bit of life. We aren't even the walking dead anymore...we are the sitting dead.

This. Anytime I have good lower seats I usually get asked to sit down multiple times. In the upper deck people tend to be a little more my tempo.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think Miami has a number of big questions to answer. They have to find replacements quarterback Brad Kaaya, wide receiver Stacy Coley and tight end David Njoku on offense and DB Corn Elder. They have two good running backs and will be tough on defense, so I am not saying all is lost. But Kaaya was the heart of their attack and there is no one with any experience to replace him.

Similarly, Virginia Tech has to replace much of their offense and will have to win games with their defense. VT opens their ACC schedule at home vs. Clemson, but has Miami and Tech on the road.

It will be interesting to see if any of the top three in the Coastal can slide through with only two ACC losses. Nobody really stands out.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This. Anytime I have good lower seats I usually get asked to sit down multiple times. In the upper deck people tend to be a little more my tempo.

There are a few islands of really awesome fans....but they are unfortunately not large islands. Thankfully I'm located near a good one in sec 101.