ACC Football Kickoff

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The ACC will find some other way to screw us, and it will be even worse since we called out the ACC/Swofford on this issue. The scheduling thing has gone on for years. O'Leary complained about the ACC ignoring our scheduling requests.

South Carolina left the ACC because they were the red headed step child to the Tobacco Road schools. We took their place.

I have never understood why Tech fans like the ACC so much. We should have pulled a Maryland and begged the B1G to take us.

As we are in the South, I am not the biggest fan of ACC, but joining did save our ***.

If we ever joined a hypocrite conference like theB1G, we would / will sink into more irrelevance. Would be 2nd biggest mistake we ever made besides leaving SEC.

And **** n.d.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
LOL only partial GT coverage.
Holding out hope that that's temporary... I thought I saw that earlier for another school that's since been corrected. Perhaps waiting a bit will alleviate the issue.

ETA: Nevermind... it's still partial coverage for BC from yesterday

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We'll know if he might actually mean that if one of them starts game one.
I think he means highest ceiling by his comment and he did say "may be most talented" if you want to parse words. Having the highest ceiling (potential) means squat if you're a mile away from it in games.

Like I said in another thread, CPJ knows how to motivate his players by what he says to the media. In that answer, he threw every qb contender a bone.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Said he hopes we can have a similar season to 14. How often has he been that positive in the preseason? I can only think of one time........2014. He was a bit optimistic last preseason also though. Well, he wasn't nearly has cautionary as he was pre 15 anyway.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Because we have a QB with overwhelming game experience to compensate?
No not overwhelming at this point but enough to make a difference depending how quickly the young ones come along. I think it CPJ will start the season with Jordan and who ever he thinks is in the top 2 getting game reps. If either of them craps the bed they might get dropped and one of the other 2 might get brought in if the other one is not playing lights out. I really have no idea how this will play out but I'm kinda excited. I don't see how you can plan to give 3 Qbs game reps in the same game unless there are injuries or a severe blow out. To answer your question I can easily see a situation at this point, non injury, where any of the 4 are starting at the end of the year. I hope this is not an unreasonable position.

Last edited: