ACC Football Kickoff

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The Atlantic Coast Conference will host its media days from July 13-14 in Charlotte, North Carolina. The coaches and student-athletes from the Atlantic division will answer questions on that Thursday while those representing the Coastal division will take their turn on Friday.

Below is the schedule of events for the two days in Charlotte. All the action can be viewed on ACC Network Extra or streamed at theACC.com.

Thursday, July 13

10 a.m. Commissioner's forum

11 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Atlantic division interviews

4:30 p.m. Officiating forum

Friday, July 14

9 a.m.-4 p.m. Coastal division interviews

Here are the representatives (head coach, two student-athletes) that will be on location for each school:

SCHOOL COACH STUDENT-ATHLETES
Boston College Steve Addazio Jon Baker (OL) | Harold Landry (DE)
Clemson Dabo Swinney Tyrone Crowder (OL) | Christian Wilkins (DT)
Duke David Cutcliffe Daniel Jones (QB) | Byron Fields Jr. (CB)
Florida State Jimbo Fisher Deondre Francois (QB) | Derwin James (DB)
Georgia Tech Paul Johnson Ricky Jeune (WR) | KeShun Freeman (DE)
Louisville Bobby Petrino Lamar Jackson (QB) | Jaire Alexander (CB)
Miami (Fla.) Mark Richt Mark Walton (RB) | Shaquille Quarterman (LB)
North Carolina Larry Fedora Bentley Spain (OL) | M.J. Stewart (CB)
NC State Dave Doeren Jaylen Samuels (AP) | Bradley Chubb (DE)
Pittsburgh Pat Narduzzi Brian O'Neill (OL) | Avonte Maddox (CB)
Syracuse Dino Babers Eric Dungey (QB) | Zaire Franklin (LB)
Virginia Bronco Mendenhall Kurt Benkert (QB) | Quin Blanding (S)
Virginia Tech Justin Fuente Cam Phillips (WR) | Andrew Motuapuaka (LB)
Wake Forest Dave Clawson Cam Serigne (TE) | Wendell Dunn (DL)

Last year's national champion, Clemson, won the ACC crown with a 42-35 victory over Virginia Tech last Dec. 3. The 2017 conference title game will be played on Dec. 2 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-07-03/when-are-acc-football-media-days

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Surely we can craft a CPJ version...
This kinda reminds me of the idea @YJAlleyCat and I had, of crafting "CPJ Radio Show Bingo" cards, to distribute every week at the call-in show...
  • Call from "Jim from Auburn"
  • dwag fan calls in to bark
  • Coach says "it is what it is"
  • Coach teases Brandon about Taylor Swift
  • Rambling, incoherent caller that garbles everything
  • "Coach, when are you gonna start passing more?"
  • "Coach, can we start using the shotgun more?"
  • Caller gives CPJ advice on how to run the offense

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Is Jeune there to block questions for CPJ about "Has the ACC figured out your option offense?"

I kid, I kid...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Paul Johnson’s scheduling complaints lead to ACC rules change
“It was a needed change,” Johnson said by text message Thursday. “I’m glad they did it.”

The AD’s added a provision into the league’s scheduling model that will limit each team to playing one conference game per season in which it plays the previous week but its opponent has an open date. The parameter will go into effect for the 2018 season.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I still think that we should realign the divisions every year, seeding them based on the previous year. Not only would that allow for CU and FSU to be in opposite divisions and play for the championship in some years, it would also allow for teams to play each other more frequently than every 6 years (as is the case now for normal cross division games).

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

About friggin time!!! I know I'm rehashing but damn.

We have enough disadvantages without getting screwed over annually with byes.

For one we face Clemson as our perm rival. Which I happen to like but let's face it, they are perennially gonna be one of the 2 toughest Atlantic teams and that's a disadvantage in competing for the Coastal.

This year Clemson even gets a bye. Swofford can kiss my ***, it is and has been intentional. And the conference scripts schedules to give preseason favorites advantages.

Schools can and have requested byes for certain weekends and the conference has deferred to those requests. Schools that don't have annual out of conference rivals like us, FSU, Clemson, have benefited by getting those byes before they face us. This year Wake gets a bye before our game likely for that reason.

So we get two teams with byes this year before without the same advantage. The one bye we do get is vs Miami (surprise, surprise the preseason Coastal favorite)...who just so happens to get a bye before that game also. Thanks a lot ACC...and again Swofford.....kiss my @&&!!

Thank you CPJ for making a big enough stink to finally fix this BS!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

We have enough disadvantages without getting screwed over annually with byes.

For one we face Clemson as our perm rival. Which I happen to like but let's face it, they are perennially gonna be one of the 2 toughest Atlantic teams and that's a disadvantage in competing for the Coastal.

This year Clemson even gets a bye. Swofford can kiss my ***, it is and has been intentional. And the conference scripts schedules to give preseason favorites advantages.

Schools can and have requested byes for certain weekends and the conference has deferred to those requests. Schools that don't have annual out of conference rivals like us, FSU, Clemson, have benefited by getting those byes before they face us. This year Wake gets a bye before our game likely for that reason.

So we get two teams with byes this year before without the same advantage. The one bye we do get is vs Miami (surprise, surprise the preseason Coastal favorite)...who just so happens to get a bye before that game also. Thanks a lot ACC...and again Swofford.....kiss my @&&!!

I know I have asked this before... I know the ACC tries to "honor requests" from member schools regarding scheduling. Does anyone out there know if the ACC publishes the requests in any form?

jacketup

Helluva Engineer

The ACC will find some other way to screw us, and it will be even worse since we called out the ACC/Swofford on this issue. The scheduling thing has gone on for years. O'Leary complained about the ACC ignoring our scheduling requests.

South Carolina left the ACC because they were the red headed step child to the Tobacco Road schools. We took their place.

I have never understood why Tech fans like the ACC so much. We should have pulled a Maryland and begged the B1G to take us.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: ACC puffs its chest over triumphs
“The SEC is great,” Jackson said. “I just feel we’re on top right now. I think we’re No. 1 right now.”

It’s not mere talk. Two of the past four national championships have come from the ACC (Florida State won at the end of the 2013 season), as have two of the past four Heisman winners (Florida State’s Jameis Winston was the 2013 winner). Since Clemson was pasted 70-33 in the 2012 Orange Bowl, the league’s ninth loss in that bowl game in a 10-game span, the ACC has won five consecutive Orange Bowls, including Georgia Tech’s victory in 2014.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We should have pulled a Maryland and begged the B1G to take us.

I believe it was the other way around. I think reports were that B1G REALLY wanted GT and Radakovich made mention when he was still AD that GT had some options in terms of expansion, but everyone thought ACC was the best fit in terms of Academics, geography, and culture.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer