ACC Football Discussion Anyone?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
VT/BC, didn't see the game but it's a little scary VT hung 49 on what I thought was a pretty stout defense.

UL/FSU, looks like our likely opponent in the ACC Championship game ...

I'm scared to death of VT, a potent offense matched up with Bud Foster's D is scary as hell!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Maybe since duke has seemingly reverted to true form CPJ can bring down the country fried ***-whoopin' upon them that they deserve this year

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Given how hard nosed Mendenhall was at BYU, it would not surprise me to see him lose the current team. Good coach IMHO but he will live and die by whether he can recruit Tidewater. Been the same for 20 years.

Louisville was downright scary. I was actually as much or more impressed with their defense than I was the O and the Michael Vick look alike.

UNC will be good on offense but they have the same issues stopping the run they have had the last several years. Madison ran well against them until they ran out of gas.

I have a bad feeling about this game with Clemson Thursday night. Just a feeling Clemson is primed to break out of their sort of slump so far this year.

FSU with another noon game - with SFU. Not sure what they will come out like. Bet practice is a ***** this week. They have major OL problems.

We have a shot at the Coastal title. I hate to say it but the right Reverend has a QB to play with at Miami and they are likely the toughest to beat. Us, UNC, VT and maybe Pitt are within spitting distance of each other.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Anyone in our division that does not play one of the Big 3 from the other side? I would give them the edge.

Louisville appears to be the cream of the crop so far.

Too early to tell, but GT, VT, Pitt, UNC, and The U could knock each other off. Could have a two loss Coastal champ.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Louisville looks scary right now, but I don't have a lot of faith in Lamar Jackson making it to the end of the season in one piece. As good as he is, he is still REALLY skinny and lanky...not ideal qualities for a running QB. Someone is gonna get a big shot in on him this year, we'll have to see how he responds to getting knocked around a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
The more I see the harder our schedule looks, Miami, UNC, Pitt, Clemson, Va Tech all seem to be playing good.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The more I see the harder our schedule looks, Miami, UNC, Pitt, Clemson, Va Tech all seem to be playing good.

So are we, though. Those schools are probably looking at us on the schedule a little differently (at least the fans...I'm sure the coaches knew how dangerous we could be). I really believe last year's team was the quality of a 7-5/6-6 team with the way we played, just couldn't close out a game worth a damn so we ended up with the record we did. It's not a lot of improvement needed to go from 7 to 9+ wins...I see a big year ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
Lamar Jackson reminds me of Denard Robinson from a few years ago. Super fast, but he can't be durable, and as soon as he loses a step he'll be stoppable.

If he does manage to stay healthy he should be a favorite for the Heisman, but that's a big If.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
In comparison, Charles Kelly at FSU right now makes Ted Roof look like the most adored DC by fanbase.

Dude better watch his back. FSU fans forming a lynch party.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
2016 Coastal cross-divisional opponents (permanent listed 1st):

Duke - WF, Lou
GT - Clem, BC
Miami - FSU, NCSt
UNC - NCSt, FSU
Pitt - Syr, Clem
UVA - Lou, WF
VT - BC, Syr

Advantage VT.

Wow. LOLvl has the draw on that side, UVA & Duke, the 2 teams w/o real shot at ACCCG.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies to @CuseJacket, but Syracuse is, IMO, generally the most blah ACC team in football.
They got an interesting new coach, but it's gonna take time to get that mess turned around
You'd think a team with 3 bowl wins in 6 years and had an NFL QB wouldn't be considered "blah" or a "mess", at least not relative to some others in the ACC. But perception takes a while to change and I agree the new coach inherited a mess this year.

It feels only slightly better than what CPast inherited, and the Orange is trying the whole up tempo thing which is turning the scoreboard into a disaster.

7 point dogs at UConn this weekend... :eek:... I blame @ilovetheoption, which I take is the spirit of this thread.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You'd think a team with 3 bowl wins in 6 years and had an NFL QB wouldn't be considered "blah" or a "mess", at least not relative to some others in the ACC. But perception takes a while to change and I agree the new coach inherited a mess this year.

It feels only slightly better than what CPast inherited, and the Orange is trying the whole up tempo thing which is turning the scoreboard into a disaster.

7 point dogs at UConn this weekend... :eek:... I blame @ilovetheoption, which I take is the spirit of this thread.

I think, if we really look into it, the tone of the thread could quickly turn to a 'blame CuseJ' fest.