ACC Discussion

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Conspiracy theories without facts aside, it's important that I share one example of how Boeheim made all our lives better. He does these things for the greater good.

The futures of Kg02, Kg03 and Kg04 have more hope with leaders like Jim Boeheim.

Funny thing is I used to root for them before joining the ACC. That game was one reason why.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the key point:
Each game played in this year's tournament is worth $265,791. That money is paid out in each of the next six years (2017-22), with the number for each game, or unit, growing each year of the payout. Over that six-year span, the total value of a game played in this year's tournament will be at least $1.59 million.

So each game played (i.e., unit) is worth $1.59 million ($265k x 6 years). $1.59 million divided 15 ways means each school earns a total of $106,000 for each game the ACC played in this year's tournament.

So if my logic is sound, I was pretty close. UNC played the max 5 games this year. Therefore they earned GT ~$500K.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
About the only fun part of Thursday's game was @Peacone36 ROASTING Pitt basketball on twitter over the fact they let Jamie Dixon go.

Since the season ended, Pitt has lost a key rising sophomore and 3 rising JRs, including their leading returning scorer. They've also lost a pretty good assistant who returned to VCU.

Yeesh!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Which college basketball programs make the most money?

Here's some numbers from the U.S. Dept of Education. Includes television contracts and ticket sales. Not sure what else.

1. Louisville $45.6M
2. Duke $36M
3. Kentucky $27.2M
4. Syracuse $26.9M
5. Indiana $23.1M
6. Wisconsin $22.8M
7. Arizona $21.7M
8. North Carolina $21.3M
9. Ohio State $19.9M
10. Tennessee $19.9M
11. Marquette $18.3M
12. Kansas $18M
13. Texas $18M
14. Michigan State $17.6M
15. Maryland $17.1M
16. Michigan $16.8M
17. Illinois $16.7M
18. Arkansas $16M
19. Pittsburgh $15.8M
20. Alabama $14.4M

5 ACC teams in the top 20. Wonder if there's accounting tricks involved as I would expect UNC and Kansas to be higher.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Which college basketball programs make the most money?

Here's some numbers from the U.S. Dept of Education. Includes television contracts and ticket sales. Not sure what else.

5 ACC teams in the top 20. Wonder if there's accounting tricks involved as I would expect UNC and Kansas to be higher.

There aren't any accounting standards for these figures. They include what the school chooses to include.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UL has a sweetheart lease at the KFC Yum arena with no responsibility for maintenance. It is the 3rd largest basketball arena behind the Carrier Dome and Rupp Arena. When you realise that KY has no professional sports it is easy to see that UL and UK are going to be getting a ton of attention in a basketball crazy state.