ACC Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Just came here to say.. LOL @ Roy Williams... no excuse, I mean literally, no excuse.

Congrats to Roy on keeping it close. Perhaps with a 10-deep 5-star squad they'll eventually be able to overcome the dynamic duo of Luke Kennard and Marshall Plumlee. LOL.

I mean, just... vertigo.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Brandon Ingram killed UNC last last night. Roy Williams must look at the Duke freshman and wonder what could have been for this year's UNC team. Ingram steered away from UNC because of the threat of NCAA sanctions. Now it looks like he will leap to the NBA before the NCAA does anything to the Tar Heels.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
image.jpeg

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wanted to start keeping track of ACC teams in next year's early season tournaments:

Clemson - Puerto Rico Tip-Off
Wake - Charleston Classic
Pitt - 2K Classic (NYC)
NC State - Paradise Jam (St. Thomas, I think)
dook - Hall of Fame Tip-Off (kind of surprised they're not in a bigger name event)
UNC - Maui Invitational (last appeared in 2012, practically confirms I won't be back there before I'm 50, given the expanded ACC)
ND - Legends Classic (Brooklyn)
Louisville - Battle4Atlantis (I think they've been there recently, but in Big East or AAC; meh, didn't like this location anyway)
Miami - Advocare Invitational (I think this is the old Orlando Classic)
VT - Wooden Legacy (Anaheim)
FSU - NIT Season Tip-Off (Brooklyn)
UVA - Emerald Coast Classic (Niceville, FL; seems disrespectful to UVA)
BC - Barclays Center Classic (Brooklyn)
Syracuse - TBD
Georgia Tech - TBD

In looking at the remaining events to be announced, it's not looking good for us. In fact, it looks so lame that I'm not even gonna triangulate where we may end up.

http://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2...ly-season-tournaments-events-MTE-neutral-site

At least we'll get an ACC/B1G Challenge game next season.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Wanted to start keeping track of ACC teams in next year's early season tournaments:

Clemson - Puerto Rico Tip-Off
Wake - Charleston Classic
Pitt - 2K Classic (NYC)
NC State - Paradise Jam (St. Thomas, I think)
dook - Hall of Fame Tip-Off (kind of surprised they're not in a bigger name event)
UNC - Maui Invitational (last appeared in 2012, practically confirms I won't be back there before I'm 50, given the expanded ACC)
ND - Legends Classic (Brooklyn)
Louisville - Battle4Atlantis (I think they've been there recently, but in Big East or AAC; meh, didn't like this location anyway)
Miami - Advocare Invitational (I think this is the old Orlando Classic)
VT - Wooden Legacy (Anaheim)
FSU - NIT Season Tip-Off (Brooklyn)
UVA - Emerald Coast Classic (Niceville, FL; seems disrespectful to UVA)
BC - Barclays Center Classic (Brooklyn)
Syracuse - TBD
Georgia Tech - TBD

In looking at the remaining events to be announced, it's not looking good for us. In fact, it looks so lame that I'm not even gonna triangulate where we may end up.

http://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2...ly-season-tournaments-events-MTE-neutral-site

At least we'll get an ACC/B1G Challenge game next season.
Wow, how far has the Great Alaska Shootout fallen? Got excited when I saw the field was TBD, then looked it up and realized it hasn't been relevant in a while (year-by-year results). That used to be a premier event.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

The three recruits who met with NCAA investigators also provided information about the amount of money they were given by McGee at the parties to tip the dancers who stripped, the source close to the investigation said.

"It's a pathetic story," the source said. "McGee gave the players a stack of dollar bills ranging from $200 to $500. Everybody in the room got the money -- the recruits and the current members of the team. Not only that, but McGee himself had his own stack of dollar bills. If this guy's spending $2,000 to $3,000 on a recruiting weekend, where's this money coming from?"

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A couple of notes.
Cat Barber declared for the NBA draft before the ACC Tourney. I do not believe he retained an agent but my NCST buddies think he is likely gone (they have Dennis Smith Jr next yr).
Jaron Blossomgame declared for the NBA Draft today and did not retain an agent, giving him the option of coming back. He would be a big loss to Clemson if he doesn't return.