ACC Discussion

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I have. And wound up with torn retina and other issues. I read the article again and agree there is a lot of facts we are not given.

The reporting of this incident has been a little jaundiced imho. This wasn't a 'tourist gets attacked' situation. It was a fight gone wrong, as best I can tell.

They also seem to go out of their way to suggest he saw the guy choking on blood, then fled. But the eyewitness accounts don't say that plainly.

He shouldn't have left though. That hurts his 'defense of self/others' defense.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I believe Johnson passed up a salary increase/bonus recently in order to have an increase in assistant coaches salaries.

What kind of salary increase/bonus does one get and then pass up for having 2 losing seasons in the last 3 years, and going 9-15 in conference?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Ouch. Musta caught an elbow ... or fist.

Never actually seen the orbital floor designation. No idea what that means.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Further confirms my suspicion that the NCAA did away with the "hardship" waiver to remove scrutiny when they basically just allow guys to waive the sit-out requirement.

Of course this means our guy will have his waiver denied. :rolleyes:

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Further confirms my suspicion that the NCAA did away with the "hardship" waiver to remove scrutiny when they basically just allow guys to waive the sit-out requirement.

Of course this means our guy will have his waiver denied. :rolleyes:

Hasn't Banks already been told he will have to sit out? Anyone know if there's a chance he could play this year?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The NCAA waiver rules were ambiguous before the latest change. They may now be worse.

I heard conflicting reports as to whether we (or Banks) asked for a waiver. It could be we would rather have James sit this year while he develops physically and athletically. I would love to have him on the floor this year, but the lack of transparency about the existence of a waiver request makes me think the staff is happy to let him sit.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Like you don’t understand....

Our own beloved Justin Moore is about to take advantage of the same rule. Point being that wild his eligibility clock has started, his playing career clock has not. I actually support this type of waiver as opposed to Banks potential petition.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Like you don’t understand....

Our own beloved Justin Moore is about to take advantage of the same rule. Point being that wild his eligibility clock has started, his playing career clock has not. I actually support this type of waiver as opposed to Banks potential petition.

Justin played more minutes for GT last season than Banks played for Texas. Am I missing something?

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Justin played more minutes for GT last season than Banks played for Texas. Am I missing something?

Banks played in more games that Moore, 14 vs. 8. I agree that sitting out a season helps both him get acclimated to GT while providing a development opportunity that will pay off in his remaining seasons.