ACC Discussion

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Well, we can feel better about Grambling because ND just lost to Ball State.

Also, not a great ACC day anyway with UVA losing to WVU.

That UVA WV game was pretty good. Kyle Guy was HOT second half. Carter and Miles though, they just make plays. Lamonte West, kid I did not know about, was making everything for forWVU. Had at least 22.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Pitt fans on reddit still trying to assure people that Dixon was in over his head and wouldnt be doing any better right now in the ACC.

Wouldn’t take it as Gospel but the Guy that does the TalkinACCSports podcast and website just told me Stallings buyout right now is $9.5MM

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This just in - BC's guards are good. 11-17 from 3 in the FIRST HALF. Up 7. Saw BC make some of the same shots as the Wofford kid but not just one guy. Everyone of the starting 5 has made a 3.

I have no illusion this will last in the second half but fun to watch Duke's perimeter defense get exposed as bad as Wofford did ours.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
This just in - BC's guards are good. 11-17 from 3 in the FIRST HALF. Up 7. Saw BC make some of the same shots as the Wofford kid but not just one guy. Everyone of the starting 5 has made a 3.

I have no illusion this will last in the second half but fun to watch Duke's perimeter defense get exposed as bad as Wofford did ours.
BC's 30 point scorer gonna get removed by the refs in a min

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
BC's 30 point scorer gonna get removed by the refs in a min

au contraire - ref didn't get the script from K and actually called an intentional foul on Duke with 15 seconds to go that put the game out of reach.
Awesome win for BC. Looking forward to having some shooters at McTit

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
BC ends up 15 for 26 from 3. Almost 60%. Wow
With all their front line talent Duke shot more 3's than BC (30) but only made 8. They should have pounded the inside and would have been playing against the water boy by the end of the game. Instead their freshmen got a hard learned lesson in away games in the ACC.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Were they exclusive of each other?
Not at all. I'd have said that when we were still recruiting Tucker. Tucker is perceived as an elite shooter & solid athlete. I also don't think he'll ever play stout defense (might be good, but also lazy) or rebound aggressively. I think Curtis will grow in to a dead eye shooter (already wish he'd take more), play good defense, has shown he can set up teammates, and grab boards.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Given our issues at the 4 I would have loved to give him a whirl.
Water over the damn though. Will have a lot of similar types developing over the next several years.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Given our issues at the 4 I would have loved to give him a whirl.
Water over the damn though. Will have a lot of similar types developing over the next several years.
Perhaps, but would we lose more on defense than we'd gain on offense. Who knows?