ACC Discussion 2022

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I think I heard big 12, so it wasn’t malicious, just inept.
That surprises me because wasn't that technically a home game for LSU despite the fact it was played in the Superdome much like our game tomorrow is a home game for us (part of the season ticket package).

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
That surprises me because wasn't that technically a home game for LSU despite the fact it was played in the Superdome much like our game tomorrow is a home game for us (part of the season ticket package).

It was officially listed as a neutral site game. I think our deal is less common than we think. I can’t decide if our deal having a “home” game there is a good thing or a bad thing.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
No clue on that... maybe venue picked officials or maybe LSU has the same love /hate relationship we have with ACC officials!

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
It was the inside toss that was the issue. You can do a rocket toss or something to the outside, just not inside where all the defenders are.
No, the defenders had nothing to do with the dropped pitch. There’s literally no point in tossing the ball on the goal line at that point in the game. Reward isn’t worth the risk when you can get the reward by handing it off.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Second down with about 30 seconds. Didn't even need to score on that play. Always had a FG to put out of reach on fourth plus clock gets run down and burns their timeouts. Just bad decisions that could have cost them the game.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The play to make down at the goal for FSU was to run the QB every time. The guy is a great runner and they had the game. If he doesn't score inside, then fake a handoff and run for the open space. If that doesn't work, then kick the field goal.

I hope their coaching is this inept when Tech plays them. It could help keep it close.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Everything about FSU looked different than in recent past years. There was energy, swagger, and smooth looking plays on offense. Both LInes looked better than in recent years.

One thing I might have missed --- not much was made about this being the second game for the Noles and opener for LSU. Even if you play a nobody, that has to be an advantage.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
But it was a first down, had it been ruled down in bounds they would have been able to get a play off with the first down stopping the clock right? Any way congrats to the FSU band for trolling LSU by playing Neck after the block. They are the real winners
Yeah it seems like a lot of people are forgetting the clock stops as the chains reset as part of this whole ordeal. It felt like after the review, lsu should have had the opportunity to snap the ball at the whistle, but not given a full playclock. I don’t know what the rule is though for how the clock works when there is a review after a first down.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Also running a toss on the goal line is next level dumb. The worst play you could call there.

Yup, I would have run the ball up the middle of the field and not really tried to score. Then LSU would have had to waste another timeout. Kick a FG which is essentially an extra point and go up 10 with about a minute to go.

Going for the TD over burning clock and a FG was arrogant IMHO. But it worked so all is forgotten.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Early returns indicate FSU and Clemson are ahead of the pack. Unless Clemson improves their offense, the playoffs are a pipe dream.