ACC Discussion 2022

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Chatter on twitter this morning is that the "Dabo Era" is over. Probably more than a little over-reaction. Klubnik played like a freshman starting his first game and the O-line was pretty porous. The ESPN crew were commenting that the play calling was odd - kept going back to the pass when the run was working. Given the off season, may play like a different team next fall.

A sample...

Yeah I think all these people are going to look pretty dumb when they realize Clemson is a quarterback away from being top 4 consistently again.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Chatter on twitter this morning is that the "Dabo Era" is over. Probably more than a little over-reaction. Klubnik played like a freshman starting his first game and the O-line was pretty porous. The ESPN crew were commenting that the play calling was odd - kept going back to the pass when the run was working. Given the off season, may play like a different team next fall.

A sample...

One can only hope. But given the money and University emphasis with the Clemson football program, I don't see it being "over". Maybe not top 4 every year, but top 10.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
QB struggles will do that to you. Klubnik clearly wasn't ready for that stage. I guess Dabo stayed with DJ too long. Play calling was a head-scratcher tho' - McElroy picked up that an empty set would trigger a Tennessee safety blitz every time. Klubnik couldn't get rid of the ball quick enough and would end up on his back.
The SKYview camera angle from just above and behind showed the safety blitz.
The center was helping the guard too much and made a straight path tovthe qb. Also the freshman is still too thin and not strong enough to get free and then burn the defense kn deep throw. Great game plan by Tenn on offense and defense. Poor in game plan adjustment by Clemson.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer

A sample...

Oh it was not a good game called by the OC. However, the Tennessee D is not very good, and if Dabo doesn't make an OC change, then we are going to have a much better chance than we have had in the TFG's time against the tiggers.

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah I think all these people are going to look pretty dumb when they realize Clemson is a quarterback away from being top 4 consistently again.
Clemons has way more issues than just a good QB. Their dynasty run is over. Dabo isn't evolving to the new landscape of college football, they will struggle until he quits thinking his own poop doesn't stink

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemons has way more issues than just a good QB. Their dynasty run is over. Dabo isn't evolving to the new landscape of college football, they will struggle until he quits thinking his own poop doesn't stink
Another top 10 recruiting ranking doesn’t feel like crumbling but we’ll see I guess