ACC Discussion 2020-21

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm guessing this is what Cuse is referring to. if this comes to pass it really does call into question what was going on behind the scenes at Syracuse this year.

If this does happen, even if they bring in some good transfers, it is really difficult to get kids in that program to play the 2-3 well their first year.

Deleted member 2897

As a fan, isn't our duty to believe that, if we were so inclined, that we could be better than Hamilton, Coach K, John Wooden, Saban, et al? These guys are ok, but c'mon man.

I'd at least be smart enough to know I'm not smart...like Dabo Swinney. I'd hire the best coaches money can buy to do the job for me. And also just like Dabo Swinney I'd stick to what I do well - being a 🤡

Deleted member 2897

Fun fact - the only first round NCAAT game Roy Williams ever lost in his career out of 30 games was this year, LOL.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Das deep.
I started studying this when I became a teacher. I couldn't understand why people were unaware that they were stupid. Perhaps it a gift of the Almighty? Or just random chance proving that ignorance is indeed bliss

It scared me though. I used to think I was smart but this was uncomfortable because it meant I probably wasn't per these researchers. so I took my wife's side of the argument...I think I am stupid now. She hasn't switched her opinion of me but I don't think she has any knowledge of this study.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Dunning-Kruger revealed this interesting psychological nugget...the fact that you think you are stupid means that you are most likely not.
Is Dunning-Kruger the study that showed most smart people assume that everyone else is as smart as they are, and most (u)GA fans thought that they were as smart as everyone else?

slugboy

Staff member
Is Dunning-Kruger the study that showed most smart people assume that everyone else is as smart as they are, and most (u)GA fans thought that they were as smart as everyone else?
It’s the one that says “the less you understand a topic, the easier it looks”.
It’s why we carp that a QB has no arm when we can barely heave it 15 yards, and other examples when we just don’t understand how hard something is.
Joke received, though

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
RaiQuon Gray of FSU declaring for the NBA.

I think this is the first real big known departure for FSU unless I've missed something.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
RaiQuon Gray of FSU declaring for the NBA.

I think this is the first real big known departure for FSU unless I've missed something.
Nathanael Jack entered the portal yesterday but this is a much bigger departure. Not a huge shock since he was redshirted as a FR so he is a 4th year player.
Keep in mind though that FSU has a Top 5 recruiting class coming in and is always deep.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Top 20 guard Trevor Keels committed to Duke over Villanova, UVa and KY this afternoon.
With Steward leaving for the NBA he is all but assured to start given Duke only has 1 guard who play significant minutes returning right now.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
UNC only interviewing inside coaches so far. Robinson, Davis, Rice, Stackhouse, Miller. Reported in Durham newspaper. Says wants head coach experience but not mandatory. Based on Dean Smith history of rewarding loyalty I would lean toward Robinson or Davis. Roy is a Smith clone only not as intelligent.