ACC Discussion 2020-21

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Those 2 losses may have been blessings in disguise (@Clemson as well).

Sometimes you need losses to get yourself to the right place. Those 2 losses made Pastner change his practice plans pretty fast. And then I feel like that loss to Clemson hurt so bad it really fueled how they are playing now.

I also wanted to add two little factual nuggets. Since late in Jose's SO year GT is 26-16 against ACC teams (including Tourney games) and 24-15 in ACC regular season games.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Those 2 losses may have been blessings in disguise (@Clemson as well).

Sometimes you need losses to get yourself to the right place. Those 2 losses made Pastner change his practice plans pretty fast. And then I feel like that loss to Clemson hurt so bad it really fueled how they are playing now.

I also wanted to add two little factual nuggets. Since late in Jose's SO year GT is 26-16 against ACC teams (including Tourney games) and 24-15 in ACC regular season games.
What I meant to infer is that those two early losses have kept us out of the top 25 and hurt our tournament seeding. Pastner quickly adjusted his practices. He also made some offensive changes last year to create more penetration to take advantage of Jose when he came off injury. He has gone to more man defense this year and that has created steals and turnovers. Pastner and his staff have shown they are keepers. Now let's keep them.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Fine by me. I know less than 5 dook undergrads who are good, decent people.

Many are pompous pieces of **** who think their personal value is inflated by their basketball team.

Everyone else here can hate uga football. I'll stick to the pieces of **** in Durham for my hatred.
If only DRad had left GT for Duke instead of Clemson, all your negative thoughts could be focused on one place!

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Many are pompous pieces of **** who think their personal value is inflated by their basketball team.

Everyone else here can hate uga football. I'll stick to the pieces of **** in Durham for my hatred.
No I feel ya. Those two are neck and neck for me as well.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

As someone who lives in the triangle, the population of the area is behind you as well. It’s hard to side with NC State fans a lot of the time but they are with us

LibertyTurns

Banned
We should do some polling to determine how many people that don’t suck that we know from schools that suck. You started off with ****dook & I’m assuming your answer is 4. My answer is 2. The only living one I know is an ok person, not particularly likable but not the normal average pickle stuck in their rectum ****dook alum or fan. The one that passed away many years ago was a saint.

There have only been 2 tolerable mutt fans I have known as well. A guy I served with was embarrassed about his school & I only found out he was a mutt grad by accident. He got a reunion letter forwarded to him by his wife When we were deployed. He only went there because he got a full ride. My brother in law (sidewalk fan) is a decent dude in all other respects. He now roots for GT over the mutts whenever we play. In true mutt fashion he cannot name a single mutt player on any team & owns way more GT gear. Comically, he can usually name a half dozen or so GT players because he’ll watch games with me when he’s with us or when we go to see the Jackets at Bobby Dodd once or twice a year. I school him up on the roster so he knows who he’s cheering for.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer

I’m a fan of Duke for about 35 years. My grandfather got his doctorate from there and started my love of ACC basketball. I wouldn’t be a tech fan if not for that connection.

One of my best friends is also a Duke fan. Have him in as Dookie in my phone. He’s a pretty chill guy but is somewhat of a sidewalk fan. His mother actually has been working for Duke and living in Durham for a really long time. Hoping one day that his mother can get us tix for a GT game but I would LOVE to attend anyone else they play. Have dreamed of attending Cameron for a very long time.

FU%K UNC!!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’m a fan of Duke for about 35 years. My grandfather got his doctorate from there and started my love of ACC basketball. I wouldn’t be a tech fan if not for that connection.

One of my best friends is also a Duke fan. Have him in as Dookie in my phone. He’s a pretty chill guy but is somewhat of a sidewalk fan. His mother actually has been working for Duke and living in Durham for a really long time. Hoping one day that his mother can get us tix for a GT game but I would LOVE to attend anyone else they play. Have dreamed of attending Cameron for a very long time.

FU%K UNC!!

So you weren't in the student section as a FR when dook reserve guard, Marty Clark, gave us the bird as they left the court after beating us. Grant Hill was on that squad.

I was there. **** dook and everything about that program. Pompous, sanctimonious pieces of ****.

The people you describe fall out of scope. Neither are undergrads, as I noted.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
So you weren't in the student section as a FR when dook reserve guard, Marty Clark, gave us the bird as they left the court after beating us. Grant Hill was on that squad.

I was there. **** dook and everything about that program. Pompous, sanctimonious pieces of ****.

The people you describe fall out of scope. Neither are undergrads, as I noted.
Nope.

Congrats. Weird flex and proves again rent free for a LOOOOONG time.

I live in Wyoming so the chances of me knowing Duke undergrads is another long shot. Why that is important too you is probably a little distorted. Seems your brain may be a little twisted up when it comes to Duke. Take a breather and realize it’s not that big of a deal. Especially to all those Duke undergrads.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nope.

Congrats. Weird flex and proves again rent free for a LOOOOONG time.

I live in Wyoming so the chances of me knowing Duke undergrads is another long shot. Why that is important too you is probably a little distorted. Seems your brain may be a little twisted up when it comes to Duke. Take a breather and realize it’s not that big of a deal. Especially to all those Duke undergrads.
It wasn't a flex. It was leaning in on my original agreement with your statement via a rhetorical question.

I know "living rent free" is the new dig at people. It doesn't work when I openly admit to it.

Because I agree with you, take comfort in the fact that I'll respectfully decline your advice and your psychoanalysis. I don't see a reason to give up an enjoyable past time of mine.

Are my comments chiming in on dook ****bags starting to live rent free in your head that you had to say something? Did it trigger you? Tell us about your feelings.

Deleted member 2897

FU%K UNC!!

We have great neighbors across the street whose daughter went to Duke for residency. We would do anything for them and vice versa. The kind of neighbors that make you never want to move. When I found out she was going to Duke I burned their house to the ground.