ACC Discussion 2020-21

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
this is fun to look at. many times.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.24.41 PM.png

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
How can Duke not be out of the NC2A tournament, unless they run the ACC tournament? 10th place in the ACC. We aren't getting 10 teams into the tournament. Although Josh Pastner thinks the ACC should get 11 teams into the NC2A tournament, so I'll go with him and root for Duke to somehow get in...
i see what you did there and it is now confirmed that @CINCYMETJACKET is a burner account for Pastner

Deleted member 2897

I am reminded of Jim Boeheim boasting about how much he knows about basketball and how Duke is better without Jalen Johnson. They’ve now lost 3 in a row.

Deleted member 2897

How can Duke not be out of the NC2A tournament, unless they run the ACC tournament? 10th place in the ACC. We aren't getting 10 teams into the tournament. Although Josh Pastner thinks the ACC should get 11 teams into the NC2A tournament, so I'll go with him and root for Duke to somehow get in...

Because these prognosticators are drunk. They think Michigan State is a bubble team, along with 37 other Big Ten teams.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I mean, I hope the ACC finds a way to get 16 teams in the NCAAT. It only helps us for more teams to make it and for the ACC teams to do well

That being said, IMO likely 7 make it. I'd say the top 6 are pretty safe, and UL likely gets in with 1 win if I had to guess. Maybe one of the teams following could play their way in with a deep run. Haven't look at their resumes enough to guess, and not really interested enough to work it out.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Because these prognosticators are drunk. They think Michigan State is a bubble team, along with 37 other Big Ten teams.
Mich St talk will come to an emphatic end today. If not, mid next week. They have Michigan today, then Wisconsin in the 1st rd of the B10,11,12 tournament. Win that and it’s Michigan again.
But knowing Izzo, they’ll find a way to win all 3. Lol

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The ACC is considered weak this year outside the conference. We will be lucky to get 5 teams in. Should get at least 3 in the NIT. UNC gets in NCAAT only on name rather than performance. That loss at home to Marquette so late hurt their OOC rating. Duke is not a good team this year. One really good player and rest have been underachieving. No longer a big deal to beat Duke other than revenge from past beatdowns.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
The ACC is considered weak this year outside the conference. We will be lucky to get 5 teams in. Should get at least 3 in the NIT. UNC gets in NCAAT only on name rather than performance. That loss at home to Marquette so late hurt their OOC rating. Duke is not a good team this year. One really good player and rest have been underachieving. No longer a big deal to beat Duke other than revenge from past beatdowns.

5 teams is probably the bare minimum the ACC will send. Clemson is tied with UNC for 5th in the conference and is currently projected around a 7 seed. I'd expect 6 teams, 7 would be "lucky", and 8 isn't exactly impossible.

Deleted member 2897

I always like to go back and see what the “experts” picked on the preseason. Duke #2 and UNC #4 and GT #9. Their #9, 10, and 11 were a strikeout, finishing 4, 5, and 3.

Hilariously wrong as usual.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well that’s unfortunate- would have been nice to crack the top 25 on the back of winning the ACC and having more wins than all but two teams (one who had the same as us) despite playing the toughest SoS in conference.