ACC Discussion 2020-21

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Do we want ND to create a better matchup with UVA in the semis or do we want FSU to make our win look better?

Probably lean towards ND because I think we're in regardless and getting a better seed at this point could actually be a negative unless we can get all the way to 6.

But I'd rather face UVA than FSU despite us having beat FSU. Plus, I want one more chance for Jose and Moses to get that W against them. They haven't beat UVA have they?

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
So if UVA beats Louisville, we’ll be the 4 seed and face the winner of Clemson and Miami/ND, right? And if Louisville wins were the 5 and face the Miami/ND winner, with a matchup against Louisville in the quarterfinals. Are my calculations correct?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So if UVA beats Louisville, we’ll be the 4 seed and face the winner of Clemson and Miami/ND, right? And if Louisville wins were the 5 and face the Miami/ND winner, with a matchup against Louisville in the quarterfinals. Are my calculations correct?

I believe so. That really makes me root for UVA tonight. In addition to an extra day's bye, ND is a scary team for their seed IMO. I'd also rather play clemson than UL in the quarters. Although I wouldn't mind another shot at UL since we looked so bad the first time in a bad situation, I'd rather give Clemson payback for that stupid shot. Plus, 3 games in 3 days is hard but I think we could manage it. 4 games in 4 days is very hard to pull off, especially when you don't go that deep.

So all in all, go UVA.

slugboy

Staff member
From another thread:

Also, the current standings are at https://theacc.com/standings.aspx?path=mbball. Louisville is currently 4th, we’re 5th, and Clemson is 6th. Clemson played their final regular season game today, beating Pitt—they’re done at 10-6. We’re finished at 11-6. Louisville is at 8-4 (66.7%). A loss to 8-5 drops them to 61.5%, below our 64.7%. A Louisville win locks us into 5th.

(Those are conference records)

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Isn’t ND the 11 now?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
UVA up on UL by 7 at the half.

Jones with 0 points on 0-8 shooting 0 rebounds 1 assist. Lets hope both the final score and Jones' performance continues for the sake of a double bye and improved odds of an ACC PoY award.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer

Jones with 0 points on 0-8 shooting 0 rebounds 1 assist. Lets hope both the final score and Jones' performance continues for the sake of a double bye and improved odds of an ACC PoY award.
ESPN didn’t even list Moses for PoY, but they did list Alvarado and the announcer said he voted for him

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Jones just scored his first points ~3 mins into the second half. 36-28 UVA and not looking great for Louisville so far.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry but the candidates are

Champagnie who is having a great year but aint carrying his team to anything. Like not even sniffing the bubble. That isn't entirely his fault, but reward the players who are accomplishing that.

Hurt - best offensive player in the league but sub par defensively and just an okay passer. His offense doesn't overcome the rest.

Jones - Does a lot for UL but his scoring is more volume oriented and his % is not good.

Maybe Jose gets it and they justify it with his defense along with being good to great everywhere else, but I really don't see how Moses isn't the clear favorite with everything considered.