ACC Discussion 2020-21

Deleted member 2897

VT's games have been canceled I think which means they are guaranteed to be ahead of us which is bull but iiwii. Think we can pass UL though and clemson if they lose

Yea, we could have 11 wins and be slotted behind a team we beat with 9 wins. LOLOLOLOLOL.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Everything is falling into place. Luckily UVA and Louisville don’t have the incentive to cancel their game like VT. UVA is still trying to catch FSU and improve their NCAAT seedand Louisville needs a win to try and get in the tournament.

Deleted member 2897

Nah, if we lose on friday we could get caught by both clemson and UNC potentially.

When I said no matter what, I didn’t mean no matter what. Stupid LOL. I’m getting too old. If we win we’re no worse than 5th. Let’s go Virginia!

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I know we control our destiny but part of me was still liking the possibility of Clemson becoming a Q1 win.

Also, I know the bye is nice but I feel like the #6 seed has it made. Wake or Pitt in shambles followed by VT who’s stayed on top by just not playing games vs merit.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I know we control our destiny but part of me was still liking the possibility of Clemson becoming a Q1 win.

Also, I know the bye is nice but I feel like the #6 seed has it made. Wake or Pitt in shambles followed by VT who’s stayed on top by just not playing games vs merit.
Agreed, I prefer the outcomes that help our NCAAT status the most.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
IMO the double bye gives us a legit chance to win the ACCT. I believe only once has a team won 4 games to win the ACCT. Now obviously it hasn't always had 4 rounds, but still, that's a tall task.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
VT's games have been canceled I think which means they are guaranteed to be ahead of us which is bull but iiwii. Think we can pass UL though and clemson if they lose
How come the ACC never made VT make up those games with no rest. I remember playing FSU then UL on 1 day rest. UL had a week off. Then we played UVA, Clemson, Pit with only a day between each game.