ACC Discussion 2020-21

Deleted member 2897

How come the ACC never made VT make up those games with no rest. I remember playing FSU then UL on 1 day rest. UL had a week off. Then we played UVA, Clemson, Pit with only a day between each game.

Because there is no penalty not to. Most teams wanted to play however it took. Not them apparently. And why not - by sitting out, they are assured 3rd place.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Because there is no penalty not to. Most teams wanted to play however it took. Not them apparently. And why not - by sitting out, they are assured 3rd place.
VT is comfortably in the NCAA tourney by pretty much any analyst. So VT had minimal incentive to make up any games they missed. We on the other hand have been outside the tourney pretty much since we lost the first 2 games so we had every incentive to reschedule games any way we could in order to try to make it back to the dance. While painful for us - it worked.

Deleted member 2897

VT is comfortably in the NCAA tourney by pretty much any analyst. So VT had minimal incentive to make up any games they missed. We on the other hand have been outside the tourney pretty much since we lost the first 2 games so we had every incentive to reschedule games any way we could in order to try to make it back to the dance. While painful for us - it worked.

Their NET is several spots below us. You would think if we were on the bubble, a team much below us who is also missing a lot of games surely would be. But as we all know, they aren’t following NET closely.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
One thing I hope is that I hope Mike Young doesn't win ACC CotY. I expect him to, and think he's done a great job, but it won't feel right to me to reward not playing a third of your games, many of them being the more challenging games. Even if it isn't in his control. I'm not even arguing for Pastner as I believe Hamilton actually deserves it.

Deleted member 2897

One thing I hope is that I hope Mike Young doesn't win ACC CotY. I expect him to, and think he's done a great job, but it won't feel right to me to reward not playing a third of your games, many of them being the more challenging games. Even if it isn't in his control. I'm not even arguing for Pastner as I believe Hamilton actually deserves it.

100%. They’ve only played like 6 games against the top 8-10 teams in the ACC LOLOLOLOL.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
Please turn on the Fsu BC game. Fsu is wearing the ugliest uniforms I've ever seen. Since when is that horrible blue one of their colors?
Having a daughter that went to FSU ... she said that uniform has to do with their relationship with the Seminole Indian Tribe of Florida ... I saw it once in person at a game there with her - and it's about as ugly in person as well.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Please turn on the Fsu BC game. Fsu is wearing the ugliest uniforms I've ever seen. Since when is that horrible blue one of their colors?
Screenshot_2021-03-04-17-54-20.png

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Rough start for FSU so far. If they lose and UVA wins, UVA becomes the 1. Potentially Getting a 3rd crack at UVA would be interesting.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess our game against UK is considered a home game? Their NET ranking would be a quad 1 win for a neutral site