ACC Discussion 2020-21

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
UNC absolutely destroyed UL. No sympathy for me as UL was on the other end of the scheduling dynamic when they played us.

Also makes our win against UNC look that much better
but it also helps UNC in conf standings, and they appear to be our top competition for the 6th spot. idk what's more important: final conference standings, or the bump in NET rating points from teams we beat (UNC) rising in the rankings and potentially passing us???

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
but it also helps UNC in conf standings, and they appear to be our top competition for the 6th spot. idk what's more important: final conference standings, or the bump in NET rating points from teams we beat rising in the rankings and potentially passing us?

NET is more important. Especially if UNC can get to the 35 mark to make our win against them to be a Q1 win.

Conference standings are nice but not as important to me unless it comes with a difference of a bye or not. Even then it might be to our advantage to play an extra game.

Deleted member 2897

UNC absolutely destroyed UL. No sympathy for me as UL was on the other end of the scheduling dynamic when they played us.

Also makes our win against UNC look that much better

Yep, 1 day off Louisville on the road. The 1 single game we weren’t competitive in all season.

Deleted member 2897

We’d be in 4th in the ACC right now if we would have played Boston College. Or if Clemson’s missed shot didnt ricochet in. Or... Or...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Duke is playing MUCH better now that Jalen Johnson has departed, I suspect they will beat GT again here in ATL.

My guess is we go 2-2 in our remaining 4 games and will need a magical ACC Tourney run to get an invite to the NCAA's.

Prove me wrong Jackets!

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Duke is playing MUCH better now that Jalen Johnson has departed, I suspect they will beat GT again here in ATL.

My guess is we go 2-2 in our remaining 4 games and will need a magical ACC Tourney run to get an invite to the NCAA's.

Prove me wrong Jackets!
🙄 I love Georgia tech fans optimism after a good road win. This gives tech a chance to look better is all it does I 100% will take tech at home.

Deleted member 2897

I'm happy for the win, but if this or that would have happened, don't qualify you for the tournament.

Yep, can’t fix the bull**** scheduling we got, nor the Teddy TV shafts. Go 4-1 and win a game or 2 in the ACCT and we’re fine. They won’t leave out a top 5 or 6. ACC team who played the toughest schedule with a top 40 NET rating. One look down the NET list and it’s easier to see it’s not perfect.

Deleted member 2897

Yep, can’t fix the bull**** scheduling we got, nor the Teddy TV shafts. Go 4-1 and win a game or 2 in the ACCT and we’re fine. They won’t leave out a top 5 or 6. ACC team who played the toughest schedule with a top 40 NET rating. One look down the NET list and it’s easier to see it’s not perfect.

Just to give 1 of many examples. Penn State is rated 10 spots higher than us and they’re 7-11. LOL.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We’d be in 4th in the ACC right now if we would have played Boston College. Or if Clemson’s missed shot didnt ricochet in. Or... Or...
Just a heads up because I keep seeing you say this -- conference standings are based on win percentage, not conference wins. We would be 9th still with the BC win (lose tiebreaker with Duke on H2H).

slugboy

Staff member
Just to give 1 of many examples. Penn State is rated 10 spots higher than us and they’re 7-11. LOL.
Even though we won in the ACC/B1G challenge this year, it notched the B1G over us as a conference this year. That’s probably lifting PennSt.

Deleted member 2897

Virginia has 8 points against NC State with 9 minutes left in the half, LOL.

Wake Forest got molested today against Clemson. They made 12 shots total the entire game, LOLOLOLOL. (For comparison purposes, we made 26 shots yesterday.)