Syracuse

Pretty Much on Par (so far):
Clemson
Pitt
GT
UVa
N C State
Duke
Louisville (maybe positive, wait and see)

NB-This is compared to pre-season expectations. Personally, I am delighted that Miami is 0-2, Canes fans suck. Clemson is obviously class of the league, but everyone knew that going in...

if one had to guess right now, it might be the winner of UVa-UNC who will win the Coastal, but with everyone clustered so closely, it could literally be anyone and a 5-3 record may well win it this year.

i will admit I do not understand how Miami does so poorly with the talent they appear to have. They look fast on the field. They seem big enough. I don't quite get it. Coaching? Attitude?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
What the??? The receiver is literally lined up facing the wrong direction. Tell me they snapped the ball and he ran a route on the wrong side of the field.
LOL....no. He later shifted to the other side of the line and turned around and ran the correct play. I wonder if it was designed to confuse the opponent's defense, as it appeared quite deliberate and no one on the FSU side was waving their arms or gesturing towards him....

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
LOL....no. He later shifted to the other side of the line and turned around and ran the correct play. I wonder if it was designed to confuse the opponent's defense, as it appeared quite deliberate and no one on the FSU side was waving their arms or gesturing towards him....

It was for sure planned. I think the idea was to draw as much attention to him as possible, so that when he shifted they would over react and create a weakness on his starting side. It seemed to kind of work as the secondary and LBs both shifted to that side along with his defender. Now they probably could have gotten the same result through just a normal shift, but I'm assuming they are trying to set something up for later in the year and run some different play off the same look.

Looks stupid in any case,

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I think the U suffers from QB play. They have the talent but also the thugs.
Too undisciplined to ever be “back” to their glory days. They will likely never have the dominant talent differential like they had did back then either. Their alums, former players and slimy boosters keep perpetuating that culture and attitude with every UM team but all it does is hurt them in the end.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Positive surprises compared to pre-season expectations:
UNC
Wake Forest
BC

Disappointing Compared to Pre-season expectations:
FSU (wow!)
Miami
VT
Syracuse

Pretty Much on Par (so far):
Clemson
Pitt
GT
UVa
N C State
Duke
Louisville (maybe positive, wait and see)

NB-This is compared to pre-season expectations. Personally, I am delighted that Miami is 0-2, Canes fans suck. Clemson is obviously class of the league, but everyone knew that going in...

if one had to guess right now, it might be the winner of UVa-UNC who will win the Coastal, but with everyone clustered so closely, it could literally be anyone and a 5-3 record may well win it this year.

i will admit I do not understand how Miami does so poorly with the talent they appear to have. They look fast on the field. They seem big enough. I don't quite get it. Coaching? Attitude?
Nice even handed summary .

A few months ago I did a count of the number recruits over a 10 year period for about 5 teams. The teams were duke, stanford, vt, gt, miami. With gt as the base point - duke and stanford had 20 fewer recruits. Vt had 20 more. Iirc miami had about 30 -35 more.
Coaching - scheme changes seem to cause the numbers to go up.
For a few gt players left when cpj came. More with Al groh and ted roof
We also had a rash of guys quit football or graduate early.

Hopefully after the transition we will settle into a positive phase w cgc . Guys like Jaz Lee , Scott and Brad(now out due to M) morgan , curry , cottrell are staying for red shirt sr year and will bridge the gap till younger guys get going .

Football is rough.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
As much as I hate Miami I was really hoping they’d beat the breaks off UNC. Not liking the fact UNC looks good and is a potential pain in the *** for recruiting. Josh Downs especially
Josh Downs isn't gonna flip to us, IMO. He's publicly made negative comments about Tech.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Miami has probably been the most unlucky team in the conference so far. Are 0-2 but could easily be 2-0 and haven't played a home game yet. Had 4th quarter leads in both games. Dominated TOP in both games. More 1st Downs in both games. Had basically equivalent yardage to FL and had way more than UNC but lost both games.
Done a good job of finding ways to lose games so far. Hope that continues when we play them.

UNC has definitely looked better than expected so far and UVA looks like a tough Bronco team. Those two have an early advantage in having division wins (UVA's was on the road).
UNC looks like it has a QB, which can make a big difference.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Miami has probably been the most unlucky team in the conference so far. Are 0-2 but could easily be 2-0 and haven't played a home game yet. Had 4th quarter leads in both games. Dominated TOP in both games. More 1st Downs in both games. Had basically equivalent yardage to FL and had way more than UNC but lost both games.
Done a good job of finding ways to lose games so far. Hope that continues when we play them.

UNC has definitely looked better than expected so far and UVA looks like a tough Bronco team. Those two have an early advantage in having division wins (UVA's was on the road).
UNC looks like it has a QB, which can make a big difference.
I think Miami head coach Manny Diaz is another Al Golden and i think he will do just as badly.