ACC Discussion 2019-20

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Aamir Simms from Clemson has put his name in the NBA Draft but has not retained an agent so he can return.
IMO, in terms of impact on their teams - Simms is second probably only to Hughes at Syracuse in terms of the hit the team takes if he chooses not to return.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NC St's top recruit Josh Hall, has declared for the NBA Draft. If he chooses to keep his name in, it will be the 2nd straight year that their top recruit went to the NBA instead of college.
Hall is eligible for the NBA Draft because he is doing a prep year this year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pea,

Wanted to say you did a great job with your hot stove report. You did leave off Sam Hauser at UVA though and he might be the most impactful transfer of all of them and one of the best newcomers from HS or transfer.

Also, your article on Grad Transfers is an excellent. My take on Grad Transfers is that if they are transferring 'up', with an exception here or there they mostly don't make much of an impact. The grad transfers that are most impactful usually come from other P6 teams. Otherwise you are getting a role player at best, and more likely a moderate to seldom used backup.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Pea,

Wanted to say you did a great job with your hot stove report. You did leave off Sam Hauser at UVA though and he might be the most impactful transfer of all of them and one of the best newcomers from HS or transfer.

Also, your article on Grad Transfers is an excellent. My take on Grad Transfers is that if they are transferring 'up', with an exception here or there they mostly don't make much of an impact. The grad transfers that are most impactful usually come from other P6 teams. Otherwise you are getting a role player at best, and more likely a moderate to seldom used backup.

oh no! Haha, I will fix that haha. I can’t beleive I left Hauser off. That’s embarrassing.

I’ve been having a ton of trouble with the hosting site as far as changes being made. I’m editing the doc as movements occur and sometimes it just doesn’t take. It’s happened 2-3 times now including yesterday. I put in a bunch of destinations as well as Tony Saunders for Notre Dame (for the third time) and when I publish it, the changes aren’t taking. It’s very frustrating.

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The Stanley kid at Duke has declared for the draft according to the Durham paper. He is a really good player. It will be interesting to see what kind of team duke will have this year. Top 3 bigs will be gone plus Jones, o'connell. They always have top talent coming in but that is basically starting over and likely no summer sessions to practice together.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Stanley kid at Duke has declared for the draft according to the Durham paper. He is a really good player. It will be interesting to see what kind of team duke will have this year. Top 3 bigs will be gone plus Jones, o'connell. They always have top talent coming in but that is basically starting over and likely no summer sessions to practice together.

Eff dook

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Stanley has ridiculous athleticism. You could tell there was a difference between Stanley and pretty much 99% of college players in terms of explosion, quickness, and jumping ability. Like most freshmen, he was just inconsistent. Some games he was just dominant, other games he was pretty pedestrian in terms of output.

You can see why teams will fall in love with him. Glad to see him go.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not sure about agent but it was in the Durham paper he announced he was entering the draft. He was the most athletic player on the team. Spectacular at times but as mentioned earlier he was inconsistent. The loss of Jones and Carey are toughest to replace for Duke and this may be our year to get some revenge. I was at the game they doubled the score on us. I think it was Okogies freshman year. They had over 50 at the half. It was tough to watch. Beat UNC at their place this season and now need to take care of duke.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Louisville's coaches are taking paycuts.

The highest revenue athletics programs has its coaches taking paycuts.

Get ready for year 6 of CJP, one way or another...

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Estimates of losses due to NCAAT being cancelled are ~$3MM per ACC school. 10% pay cut ain't gonna get it done, fellas

Also, if there is no football next year, multiply that by 10 - 30x, depending on school.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Estimates of losses due to NCAAT being cancelled are ~$3MM per ACC school. 10% pay cut ain't gonna get it done, fellas

Also, if there is no football next year, multiply that by 10 - 30x, depending on school.
There will be football next year. Count on it....

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Given that MLB isn’t sure they will play baseball in front of fans, college football is a long way from guaranteeing anything