ACC Discussion 2017

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Great recruiter, poor at in-game adjustments.
Always believed he was a HC who let his coaches coach. Game management a lot like the Clemson HC to me. Good, not great. If CPJ had the same talent CMR had in Athens we'd be talking about repeating as champions more often. Just my 2 cents which is more times than not worth less than a penny.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
After week one, Miami does not scare me at all. They were losing to Bethune-Cookman 3-0 in the second quarter and their freshman QB looked exactly as a freshman QB should. Mark Walton continues to be a beast. But I could see them being one demenisonal if that QB doesnt improve greatly.

VT looks vulnerable on D for once and nothing about their offense is truly terifying. Their QB isnt as big and mobile as those of years past.

I think the coastal is very much possible for GT.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
According to what I saw last night on TV, Irma is not supposed to hit land in Florida before Sunday night. Why cancel a Saturday game?

My dad is the head helicopter pilot for a hospital out of Atlanta and he said today they have people contacting them throughout Florida trying to get the helicopters and patients out of south Florida before Saturday evening as they already expect 20 mile and hour winds Friday and 80+ Saturday.

Also teams travel with a lot of staff and you don't want mothers and fathers to travel with the team and have no clue when they'll be able to make it back to town.

With Irma supposedly
My dad is the head helicopter pilot for a hospital out of Atlanta and he said today they have people contacting them throughout Florida trying to get the helicopters and patients out of south Florida before Saturday evening as they already expect 20 mile and hour winds Friday and 80+ Saturday.

Also teams travel with a lot of staff and you don't want mothers and fathers to travel with the team and have no clue when they'll be able to make it back to town.
I wonder if they have given any thought to either cancelling or relocating the Tech - UCF game next week. Without knowing what path Irma might take at this point, there is always the possibility that even Orlando could be a mess if Irma heads anywhere near there. And if there is a chance, it's better to consider the alternatives now rather than waiting till sometime next week.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
With Irma supposedly

I wonder if they have given any thought to either cancelling or relocating the Tech - UCF game next week. Without knowing what path Irma might take at this point, there is always the possibility that even Orlando could be a mess if Irma heads anywhere near there. And if there is a chance, it's better to consider the alternatives now rather than waiting till sometime next week.
It would be nice for GT to have another home game:cool:

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
If the hurricane stays inland the game with UCF might have to be moved or canceled. Even if the hurricane avoids Orlando completely air and land infrastructure is going to be locked with supplies and people returning home. Hoping everyone down there stays safe.