ACC Discussion 2017

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Richt is a decent coach. He's better at recruiting than Xs and Os imo but even there he isn't bad. Just not near as good as our guy.

Could Richt rebuild Miami into a power? Yeah maybe, I was hoping they'd make another really crappy hire so I wasn't pleased when they snagged him. But he's no Urban Meyer or Nick Saban.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Interesting. Their WRs have been running all over our defensive backfield the past few years.

It's not rocket science. When a coach looks out on the field between plays and sees his guy bent over sucking air, it's time to sub him out. If the O has time to sub-out their wideouts, the D has time to sub-out their corners. The main question is do you have the depth. I like our depth at corner.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
It's not rocket science. When a coach looks out on the field between plays and sees his guy bent over sucking air, it's time to sub him out. If the O has time to sub-out their wideouts, the D has time to sub-out their corners. The main question is do you have the depth. I like our depth at corner.

And we should use that depth. Because of depth issues we will struggle this year with subbing in the OL but that should not be the case at other positions.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Well, they're not exactly wrong. We don't even know so the starter is yet. While we think the future is bright, fact is we're replacing a dynamic QB who is being considered as an NFL wr. He could change the game in one play. We're nowhere close to that yet. Everyone thinks that our salvation is an experienced OL and an improving D. Recent history has shown that our success depends on the O and that starts with the guy under center. I'm hopeful but not convinced.
I think CPJ knows who will start...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, I feel like Miami will be a true ACC/NC contender under Richt. I can definitely see them having minimum 10 win seasons. Like it or not, he is a good coach. Im just glad he isnt at georgia.

Afraid your analysis is exactly correct.

Even when Miami was not winning at their traditional level, it seemed as if they always had great, but misdirected, talent. Always lots of speed.

Afraid Richt is going to raise money, recruit better than they already have, and bring a focus to their S/As.

We are, I think, 2 - 7 vs them in last 9 years. Hate to think that % could get worse.

We have to raise more $ and recruit better. That is what WE can control.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
247: David Cutcliffe pleased with Duke Football's second scrimmage
David Cutcliffe was pleased by his team's performance in the team's second scrimmage of fall camp.

"We got to see a lot of what we needed to see," Cutcliffe told Blue Devil Network after the scrimmage. "We created a game-like situation. I wanted to see if our offense could sustain a drive. Our 2 offense showed some spark and I thought our running backs showed we're going to run the ball a little bit better. I'm interested to see what the war was with the line of scrimmage."
Also of note Brittain Brown, a familiar name from 2 recruiting cycles ago, "starred in Saturday's scrimmage. Brown rushed for 82 yards and one touchdown on ten carries."

POSSIBLE 2017 PITT FOOTBALL TWO-DEEP DEPTH CHART
Max Browne, grad transfer from Southern Cal, will be Pitt's starting QB this year.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
There were some comments from Pitt fans that the reports on Browne from camp weren't anything special so they expect to lean on their ground game again

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Man we need this W. To those that hate the "C, L, E, M, S, O, N!" chants, FSU chop chant, and mutts barking.....you will not like the "rocky top" tune if they score much.

Hope we can make them hate our fight songs instead.

Somebody needs to hack the scoreboard and put up the right lyrics:
Wish that we would run ol' Rocket Toss
Down the Tennessee throat
Aint no better play than Rocket Toss
Aint going to tell you no joke
Once they try to stop ol Rocket Toss
With Corners crashing the flat
We'll play-action and hit the cross
I still dream about that

Rocket Toss, you'll always be
A big play for GT
Good ol' Rocket Toss
Rocket Toss for a TD
Rocket Toss for a TD​

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
Somebody needs to hack the scoreboard and put up the right lyrics:
Wish that we would run ol' Rocket Toss
Down the Tennessee throat
Aint no better play than Rocket Toss
Aint going to tell you no joke
Once they try to stop ol Rocket Toss
With Corners crashing the flat
We'll play-action and hit the cross
I still dream about that

Rocket Toss, you'll always be
A big play for GT
Good ol' Rocket Toss
Rocket Toss for a TD
Rocket Toss for a TD​

Mods, pin this NOW!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN ACC preseason power rankings: FSU, Clemson lead the way
7. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

The loss of Dedrick Mills probably doesn’t change the likely outcome for Georgia Tech this season, but it certainly appears to lower the Yellow Jackets’ ceiling. Mills was a dynamic, powerful runner, and without him there’s a lot of unknown. Coach Paul Johnson has made a career of plug-and-play backs, but while there’s likely someone already on the roster who can get the job done, Mills was a player special enough to elevate the entire offense.