ACC Departures

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Mitchell is gone. He'll shoot it well enough. Only question mark will be his athleticism IMO but that can be assuaged with a strong combine performance.

What?? Athleticism is his issue?? He's one of the most athletic players I've seen all season. His dunk mixtape is absolutely ridiculous. If anything it'd be his shooting he needs to work on.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This thread is a case study in college hoops player movement and why having X spots available from.year to year doesn't mean much. The original list will need a significant update by tomorrow.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why these kids go to overloaded teams like that. I guess it's pride thinking they will go there and dominate. I think of Semi Ojeleye (not sure if it's spelled correctly) for SMU. He went to Duke and never played, then he became SMU's best player.

Many of them have been told since they were little that they're the best. Getting offers from good programs reinforces that belief.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand this generation. Not everything needs to go on social media.

He's looking for hits he's looking for likes and retweets and drama and people begging him to stay. Make your own decision
My take is he's throwing it out there for his friends and friendlies. I don't think he much cares what we think. That may be part of the overall issue with why he's not with the team currently.

As you say, it's more common with this generation; but speaking of putting everything on social media, your generation is the Facebook "I'm wiping my butt" status update era (I'm remembering you're in your early to mid 30's right?) that drove us older folks crazy 10 years ago. I can't tell you how many friends got their feed turned off due to too much information.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
My take is he's throwing it out there for his friends and friendlies. I don't think he much cares what we think. That may be part of the overall issue with why he's not with the team currently.

As you say, it's more common with this generation; but speaking of putting everything on social media, your generation is the Facebook "I'm wiping my butt" status update era (I'm remembering you're in your early to mid 30's right?) that drove us older folks crazy 10 years ago. I can't tell you how many friends got their feed turned off due to too much information.

I agree he doesn't care what I think. I was referring to his "circle"

Hell my circle did it on Facebook

That's why I no longer have Facebook

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Back to the topic..... ;)

Jeter never adjusted to college game at ACC level. He will likely transfer to PAC12 and we'll see more of the same there. Or he could go to Nevada, Vegas or a Mountain West outpost and put up nice numbers. (See Ojeleye, Semi.)

Yurtseven might get picked in second round and sent to D league to work on strength and skills. Otherwise he's back in Europe next year

UVA.... WTF? Everyone is leaving. Who's left? Salt, Guy and a couple of others? Battling Pitt for fewest scholarship kids next year

Louisville, I agree that Mitchell will be gone (late first, early second round pick) but i'd be surprised if the others stay in the draft

Duke: Sounds like Giles and Bolden are both leaving Duke, despite underwhelming freshman campaigns. (I get why Giles is going, given his multiple knee surgeries, but Bolden??) Jackson ain't going this year. Kennard likely gone. Allen allegedly considering a grad year to wait for weaker draft in '18

FSU: Bacon, XRM, Isaac all going.

Lammers: '18 ACC POY, 1st team All ACC
Okogie: '18 1st team All ACC