ACC Coastal Hopes

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I don't think GT has a chance to win the ACC Coastal Division or a chance to have a winning season the way they're playing. I think GT will lose to Duke,North Carolina,Virginia Tech,Virginia and UGAG. The anemic UGAG running game will get well against the GT defense. I think Paul Johnson gets fired after a 4-8 2016 season.
Do you watch GT much? If anything GT can stop a pro style running game like UGA has. We struggle against spread style runnin games. We should beat duke and Virginia and be close with tar hells who's D is just as bad as ours probably and we should be close with UGA. We could easily come out with 2 to 4 wins imo. I think 7 is the magic number though.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
We always have that one game waiting for us where everything goes right, we get the breaks, and we gut a very good team. I'm hoping that wasn't the Vandy game. It's going to be either VT or UNC.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought Duke looked good vs Louisville. They are rounding into shape. It's a big game for us.
I thought the same thing, wish Duke had won, Louisville is an outlaw school.I still think that Duke will be very tough for us to beat, but we owe them one!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Before last week, Duke had the #75 offense, scoring 1.09 ppd vs pwr5 competition and the #26 D, allowing 1.77 ppd vs pwr5. LOLvl had the #7 offense (3.16 ppdvpwr5) and #28 D (1.80 ppdvpwr5).

In Saturday's game, Duke scored 1.56 ppd and LOLvl scored 2.67 ppd. They each missed FG, Duke 40yd, LOLvl 42yd. If they had hit those, it would've been 1.89 ppd for Duke and 3.00 ppd for LOLvl. So, it seems to me that this was a better game for Duke compared to past games than for LOLvl. However, it was not really a dominating performance by their D.

I think the bigger issue from just looking at the raw statistics is that Duke's offense did better than I would've predicted just looking at the previous games. Unfortunately a lot depends on how you view their last TD at the beginning of the 4th qtr when it was 17-7 and the ability of LOLvl to score immediately.

I think our Off is clicking well enough to score on them, and I'm not sure about their O yet. Up till now, even with the LOLvl game, Duke's O has not been that great. By comparison, Vandy has had (before this past Saturday) the #30 D (1.83 ppdvpwr5) and #83 O (0.63 ppdvpwr5).