ACC Bowl Thread

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We should have played them later in the year. We seem to lose one or two a year when we face a team at their hottest.

We have gotten a lot better as the year has gone on. UNC didn't, they got worse. Last year UNC caught fire at the end of the year. It's CFB and logic is only loosely transitive.

I watched half the NCState game and NCState was clearly better. But on 3rd and 10 on the 15 with 11 seconds in the half, why don't you kick the FG to go up two scores .... plus you get the ball to start the second half. After that, I had to watch a movie (Fargo) ......

Hope we got 3 of 4 today with only Fluke getting embarrassed on national TV.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My take on UNC is they quit trying at the end of the year. Maybe when they saw how far below expectations their season was going they just quit. It was lost in the flow of important end of year games, but NC State murdered them in their rivalry game. That should have been an even match, but they just didn't show up against their state rival. If I were a UNC fan I would be pretty mad with players and coaches both. They are talented, but you have to have that effort to win.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I find it interesting how UNC continually has problems with player toughness (mentally and physically) under Fedora. On the surface, he looks like a very intense disciplinarian, but his teams don't seem to reflect that at all. Additionally, I keep hearing about how great their recruiting has been, but when you look around the field on defense for them, there doesn't seem to be a lot of talent out there. Their DBs just don't seem to have cover skills at all and wander around lost. At the LOS nobody is getting off blocks. Where are all the so called 4 stars? On offense, they have some players, I admit, but where on defense?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I find it interesting how UNC continually has problems with player toughness (mentally and physically) under Fedora. On the surface, he looks like a very intense disciplinarian, but his teams don't seem to reflect that at all. Additionally, I keep hearing about how great their recruiting has been, but when you look around the field on defense for them, there doesn't seem to be a lot of talent out there. Their DBs just don't seem to have cover skills at all and wander around lost. At the LOS nobody is getting off blocks. Where are all the so called 4 stars? On offense, they have some players, I admit, but where on defense?

Maybe it's coaching more than the players.

We've got a bunch of unheralded players, and our recruiting classes pretty much rank at the lower half of the recruiting rankings in the ACC every year, but we've never had a losing record in the ACC, and we're in the hunt for the Coastal crown every year.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

Some of UNC's players look like they're trying to imitate the old swagger of 'Da U', but they come across as distracted, undisciplined and unfocused. I'm thinking of the DB Smiley for them who nearly got a 15 yarder and had to be pulled away from a Rutgers player over what didn't even qualify as a shove. And Ryan Switzer looked like such a promising, dangerous player for them at one point. Now he seems preoccupied with doing cute stuff like spinning the football on the ground after a first down.