ACC Bowl Action

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
BTW, the analyst that works with Wes is absolutely great. I eally enjoy his insight. ACC needs to keep him.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Salary plus coach’s supplement CAN get you to 6 figures, but not usually. Booster club supplements can be very impressive at the powerhouse schools.
I am assuming that Hasslebeck would be at a powerhouse school, not a backwater loser.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Salary plus coach’s supplement CAN get you to 6 figures, but not usually. Booster club supplements can be very impressive at the powerhouse schools.
It's becoming more common, iiuc, especially when a school recruits a high profile guy.

Iiuc, a good number of schools in GA are paying 6 figures. Some not even that high profile.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
It's becoming more common, iiuc, especially when a school recruits a high profile guy.

Iiuc, a good number of schools in GA are paying 6 figures. Some not even that high profile.
There is a high school in Athens that is paying top dollar for their coach. Okay, okay...the school in question is not quite up to high-school-level.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Here in Georgia, our small AA, now 1A-D1, HS football coach was making 90k in the early 2000's. We haven't sniffed a state championship game since 1969. I'm sure every coach in 4A and above is north of 100k. 3A and under is where it gets to hits or misses. But, believe it or not, most of the HC have advanced degrees which get a boost in their base pay. Then you have the supplemental income for being HC. Then the incentives for region runner ups & champions. Plus state runner up & champions incentives. ONLY then does the booster pay come into effect. Don't forget the local Ford dealership in these small towns giving the HC a truck to use while he is employed.

My now ex-wife told me back when we were dating and I was a graduate assistant college coach, that I picked the wrong sport to be good at and become a coach.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Depends in what you call “good money.” I know of HS HC’s making 6 figures.
That's good money for a HS coach. I was not aware that was possible. I guess it depends where the HS is located. Is the HS coach also a teacher at the school or just a football coach?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My now ex-wife told me back when we were dating and I was a graduate assistant college coach, that I picked the wrong sport to be good at and become a coach.

Did you ever tell her she was right?

Mahoney No GIF by DaveAndMahoney

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That's good money for a HS coach. I was not aware that was possible. I guess it depends where the HS is located. Is the HS coach also a teacher at the school or just a football coach?

Not usually. Plus many get a house to use. It's big bidness. Any small town that has a good program, I expect the coach is very well taken care of.