ACC Bowl Action

slugboy

Staff member
Syracuse did not show up. A forfeit might have shown more effort

We won. UCF isn’t happy with GUS, but he’s been a solid coach for them

Duke leads Troy 8-0 in the first, today. Duke isn’t as cool as us on offense, but they’re gritty like we are.

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Haynes being mentioned in the same breath as former Tech quarterback greats George Godsey and Joe Hamilton is a tribute to the man's character and perseverance following his experience at Texas A&M. His coaches, in particular quarterback coach Chris Weinke are in large measure responsible for restoring his confidence and honing his skills. Efford was similarly being mentioned alongside former Tech linebackers Daryl Smith and Ricardo Wimbush. Pretty good company to keep. I almost forgot the "other" Haynes Jamal was bowl MVP and went for over 1000 yards for the season. I am sure than he and Dontae treated the offensive linemen for dinner, well maybe not, they don't want to go broke.

slugboy

Staff member
Duke holds on to win 17-10. The holdover coaches are emotional. They played a freshman QB, and they’ve had more than a few transfers.
Next season, they’ll have lost a lot of production, but they are a disciplined team.
Who knows what Manny is going to do with this coaching staff. If he replaces them, then some other staffs will get some good coaches

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
The Birmingham Bowl trophy — won today by Duke — is a three-foot-tall statute of some guy with a bare ***:

1703365779893.jpeg

They say the statute guy’s name is Vulcan. Some Roman god of forged iron, or something.

Dook can have it. I’m glad our Georgia Tech team wasn’t selected to go to that bowl. Lol

Last edited:

L41k18

Jolly Good Fellow
Duke holds on to win 17-10. The holdover coaches are emotional. They played a freshman QB, and they’ve had more than a few transfers.
Next season, they’ll have lost a lot of production, but they are a disciplined team.
Who knows what Manny is going to do with this coaching staff. If he replaces them, then some other staffs will get some good coaches

Malik Murphy, Texas QB is transferring to Duke.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Here’s the front view of ‘ol Vulcan, opposite of his bare-azz side. Dook can still have it, I don’t care!

1703366942096.jpeg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It's Vulcan. He's the god of fire and forge. He's the symbol of Birmingham, referencing its iron & steel history, which is the reason the city exists. The trophy is a replica of the 56 foot statue on top of Red Mountain in Birmingham.
I flew paper airplanes off Vulcan when I visited my cousins in Homewood in the late 50"s.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck

All I can think of when I hear about Manny is that he lost to TFG in OT in Miami.

Not too high in him after that