ACC Bowl Action

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
In Kansas State is about to shellac, NC State, okay? Maybe not really shellac, but up 9. :00 with. 2:33 left to go and the ball again after Armstrong throws an interception.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone see the blocked punt in the end zone of the Miami/Rutgers game ?? Miami was pinned inside the 10-yard line with a short punt formation. They shifted before the snap with the outside guys going wide. That left only 5 guys at the LOS, with 3 Rutgers players uncovered. The punt protect guys were backed up right in the direction the punter was stepping, total cluster. And to make matters worse Miami lost by 7 points. It made me wonder if Geoff Collins was hired as the Miami Special Teams coach ...

slugboy

Staff member
o/u on how many from that #4 recruiting class stay in Coral Gables for 3+ years?

Miami has won 1 bowl game in 10 seasons. This isn’t new. Michigan is about as bad.

It’s a non-factor. It’s south beach and the lifestyle and the other stuff that’s a factor

slugboy

Staff member
Deion Sanders said publically, FSU wouldn't have been left out of the CFP if he was the coach. Neon Deion is getting his application in early ...
He’s right, though

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Deion Sanders said publically, FSU wouldn't have been left out of the CFP if he was the coach. Neon Deion is getting his application in early ...
I think Deion at fsu would look a lot like the Switzer Oklahoma days for players. Lots of talent and lots of chaos.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I think Deion at fsu would look a lot like the Switzer Oklahoma days for players. Lots of talent and lots of chaos.
Switzer did let the "players" run wild for sure. At Oklahoma in 16 years he won 3 NCs and never finished lower than 2nd in the Big 8. His Conference record was 100-11-1.

As a Cowboy fan I don't care for him as he let the players get totally out of control ending their dominant run. He was a damn good college coach though.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone see the blocked punt in the end zone of the Miami/Rutgers game ?? Miami was pinned inside the 10-yard line with a short punt formation. They shifted before the snap with the outside guys going wide. That left only 5 guys at the LOS, with 3 Rutgers players uncovered. The punt protect guys were backed up right in the direction the punter was stepping, total cluster. And to make matters worse Miami lost by 7 points. It made me wonder if Geoff Collins was hired as the Miami Special Teams coach ...
You mean the MoBS?

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami has won 1 bowl game in 10 seasons. This isn’t new. Michigan is about as bad.

It’s a non-factor. It’s south beach and the lifestyle and the other stuff that’s a factor
Bobby Bowden has more bowl wins since 2007 than the Hurricanes.

(And agreed on the South Beach lifestyle part. That's what sells kids who think they have "swagger." They forget that you have to EARN swagger.)