ACC Bowl Action

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Here’s Mr. Haynes’ Gasparilla Bowl MVP Treasure Chest Trophy! Cool!

1703379679900.jpeg

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
The Birmingham Bowl trophy — won today by Duke — is a three-foot-tall statute of some guy with a bare ***:

View attachment 15405

They say the statute guy’s name is Vulcan. Some Roman god of forged iron, or something.

Dook can have it. I’m glad our Georgia Tech team wasn’t selected to go to that bowl. Lol
The statue was situated in way by the Bama heavy metropolis of Birmingham (they used to play most home games there and ALL Iron Bowl games at Legion Field) so that Auburn fans had a full moon welcoming them to Birmingham.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I mean no disrespect toward the City of Birmingham nor their Birmingham Bowl folks. I just thought it was funny — and unusual, or unique? — to see a bowl trophy that features a bearded guy with a bare bottom on his behind. 🤣

It just cracks me up! 🤣

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Not ACC, but for a few flexbone freaks, Air Force is running a high school offense beautifully on ABC right now
JMU played with 4 coaches and 5 guys hired off the street in the last two weeks, several starters sitting out in the portal, and a handful of others playing half-assed while in the portal. They had no shot to stop the 3O today.

Poodletop

Georgia Tech Fan
That’s one creepy trophy, dude wearing assless chaps. Would be a sensation in certain Atlanta neighborhoods! 😉

CEB

Helluva Engineer
1 - he's wearing a blacksmith apron.
2 - chaps are assless by design... Otherwise they'd be pants...
Of course… and yet they should never preclude the wearing of pants…. I’m sure no one would defend my wearing of pantless suspenders. :)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
JMU played with 4 coaches and 5 guys hired off the street in the last two weeks, several starters sitting out in the portal, and a handful of others playing half-assed while in the portal. They had no shot to stop the 3O today.
JMU wouldn't have stopped it on their best day this year. Calhoun knows how to make it run correctly with the new rules. And that seems to require nothing much more then getting the ABs to be marginally bigger and training them how to block within the new rules. Air Force had a bad run at this ned of the season, true, but that was largely because of injury problems. With everybody healthy they are a formidable outfit.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In the Dukes Mayo bowl UNC not impressive without Mayes

There talent level is down and thier defense is Chi**** ( sic)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
JMU wouldn't have stopped it on their best day this year. Calhoun knows how to make it run correctly with the new rules. And that seems to require nothing much more then getting the ABs to be marginally bigger and training them how to block within the new rules. Air Force had a bad run at this ned of the season, true, but that was largely because of injury problems. With everybody healthy they are a formidable outfit.

Calhoun has always ran a different originaiton of the offense. His lineages is not a trace to the hybrid run and shoot/wishbone of johnson but instead a directly evolution of the wing t. Airforce has alwasy used a lot more varied formations and tight ends in their game.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
ACC turning out to be a joke.

Is that 0 wins against P5 teams so far?

I suspect the first win against a P5 team will be Miami vs Rutgers, but it is Miami.

Edit: I wasn’t counting us in the ACC. I’m a little salty about the ACC right now and am struggling to think about Tech as part of the ACC.

Last edited: