ACC Bowl Action

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
For the ACC to get respect we need Clemson to win it all and FSU to beat Michigan. No one will pay attention to anything else.
Louisville-LSU is getting a lot of attention as well. Unfortunately it's at the exact same time as our game.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I didn't relish rooting for Miami yesterday, but I'm glad they won improving the ACC to 4-1 along with a little jab a the UGAGers ... Richt, the clueless coach that left them with no talent breaking a 10 game bowl losing streak for Miami !!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I have the ACC at 4-1 this morning. Winners: NCST, BC, Wake, Miami. Loser: Pitt
...with 6 games remaining (7, if Clemson plays in NC)

For the sake of argument, perhaps we "ACC folks" are a little sensitive and not really noticing the positive press coming our way. Still stuck on and irritated by the hard core SEC-lovers out there. I think there is a significant/noticeable change in the discussion. The evidence really is overwhelming at this point. Is it enough? Who knows. Are folks saying its the SEC is 'down' this year or the other conferences are 'better'. I don't know that either.
Maybe but it's still annoying to hear things like the commentators talking about Trevor Knight's running ability because he was able to get rushing yards against "SEC Defenses". Outside of Bama, LSU, and Florida the"SEC Defenses" have not been good this year. The narrative should never be "conference defenses" or "conference offenses". There are a variety of teams in every conference that's have good and bad Defenses and good and bad offenses. "SEC Defenses" are no better than any other conference. The is no stat that says they are and the narrative is annoying.

Trevor Knight rushed for 20 yards last night.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Maybe but it's still annoying to hear things like the commentators talking about Trevor Knight's running ability because he was able to get rushing yards against "SEC Defenses". Outside of Bama, LSU, and Florida the"SEC Defenses" have not been good this year. The narrative should never be "conference defenses" or "conference offenses". There are a variety of teams in every conference that's have good and bad Defenses and good and bad offenses. "SEC Defenses" are no better than any other conference. The is no stat that says they are and the narrative is annoying.

Trevor Knight rushed for 20 yards last night.
However, if we run for 300, it's against an SEC defense!!!