ACC Bowl Action

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Boise hasn't been that good either the last couple of years. Didn't Baylor smoke UNC in their bowl game last year? To the tune of about 600 yds rushing? I haven't followed them this year but that performance really had me impressed with their coaching staff.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Boise hasn't been that good either the last couple of years. Didn't Baylor smoke UNC in their bowl game last year? To the tune of about 600 yds rushing? I haven't followed them this year but that performance really had me impressed with their coaching staff.
yeah about their coaching staff...

would have picked last year's baylor team over boise in a heartbeat. This one that is embroiled in all that scandal stuff and finishing the year with 6 consecutive losses and had their starting RB leave the team before the bowl game? I wasn't expecting much

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Bitterly disappointed in that Pittsburgh loss! I've been saying all season they weren't getting the credit they deserved, even right after upsetting Clemson. Pitt had a way better resume than those bogus teams taking up space in the top 25 like Ole Miss Texas A&M, Tennessee, and Arkansas soley for playing in the SEC and losing to Bama...but nobody noticed Pitt until they reached 8 wins. Now in this chance to prove their mettle in a bowl game, they meet disaster versus crappy Northwestern of all teams. Hard to top this as the worst ACC loss of bowl season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
Hard to top this as the worst ACC loss of bowl season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be careful we've got Kentuckie. No upside us in Gator Bowl for us except getting to 9 wins (3 of those tainted being against SEC) so 5 quality wins if you take away Mercer

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well it's kinda good Miami won. The hype on them for next year will be immense....get ready to hold ur noses. Kaaya comes back they should be a favorite in coastal. Really dislike them and their thug U demeanor.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
got this game right. I think the Big 12 is pretty terrible this year. Oklahoma is the marquee team and lost badly in their big nonconf games. Oklahoma State lost on a bs thing to CMU but CMU lost to UVA by multiple scores so it never should have been close. WVU's best nonconf win was a squeaker over an up and down BYU. Baylor was a dud compared to expectations for the most part. Texas wasn't back etc.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Not ACC action, but man we really missed the boat on Rashard Fant of Indiana. IIRC, we tried to get in on him too late and couldn't flip him.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm taking a beating during bowl season so far. The favorites are 7-15 through the Miami game in covering the spread so far. I loaded up on us to cover too....
Hope this trend stops after tonight.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unfortunately, the caveat will be "this year."

ACC 5-1. Northwestern had the perfect SEC (tic) D. Take out the opposing QB and star RB.

One more win for the ACC and the ACC has a winning bowl season.

Agree with the caveat "this year". Remember when the ACC regularly didn't have a winning bowl season? The ACC dominates for a couple of year's and the bandwagon fans/ "journalists" will jump on board.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
ACC 5-1. Northwestern had the perfect SEC (tic) D. Take out the opposing QB and star RB.

One more win for the ACC and the ACC has a winning bowl season.

Agree with the caveat "this year". Remember when the ACC regularly didn't have a winning bowl season? The ACC dominates for a couple of year's and the bandwagon fans/ "journalists" will jump on board.
I have the ACC at 4-1 this morning. Winners: NCST, BC, Wake, Miami. Loser: Pitt
...with 6 games remaining (7, if Clemson plays in NC)

For the sake of argument, perhaps we "ACC folks" are a little sensitive and not really noticing the positive press coming our way. Still stuck on and irritated by the hard core SEC-lovers out there. I think there is a significant/noticeable change in the discussion. The evidence really is overwhelming at this point. Is it enough? Who knows. Are folks saying its the SEC is 'down' this year or the other conferences are 'better'. I don't know that either.