ACC Baseball Tournament

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
The reason I don't think Tstan does anything is because of the 5 year extension he gave him. Maybe after next year

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know the terms of the buyout? If we weren’t stupid, we’d have a low buyout since no one was going to be knocking down our doors to get Danny. Of course, GT isn’t exactly known for savvy contract negotiations.

I fully expect him to be here another year because of the contract. And we’ll have another year of top ACC talent with middle-to-bottom of the league results.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
The reason I don't think Tstan does anything is because of the 5 year extension he gave him. Maybe after next year
Watch us not fire him and he comes back next year and hosts a regional. Then knowing tech we would sign him to another extension. That’s my worst fear

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Watch us not fire him and he comes back next year and hosts a regional. Then knowing tech we would sign him to another extension. That’s my worst fear
So your worst fear is us doing good? This is what bugs me the most. I really don't care who the coach is so long as we do good. If Hall hosts a regional next year (which I think we will), then good for him and I'll be ecstatic. Wanting a team to do bad just to get a coach fired makes me question if someone is a true fan.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Calm down, guys. I'm pretty sure what he's saying is that he's afraid we'll have one good* year that causes us to sign an unwarranted extension given our recent results.

For example, I loved our 2004 NCAA basketball run - I got to attend a Final Four that had GT in it. Great memories. However, it's now clear that the resulting contract extension crippled the GTAA for nearly a decade.

*Yes, hosting a regional used to be a merely good (not great) year for GT baseball. Of course, given recent results, it would be a minor miracle.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
So your worst fear is us doing good? This is what bugs me the most. I really don't care who the coach is so long as we do good. If Hall hosts a regional next year (which I think we will), then good for him and I'll be ecstatic. Wanting a team to do bad just to get a coach fired makes me question if someone is a true fan.
Im not wanting them to do bad? I’m simply stating I could see us praising him over one good season, while ignoring the past 8. We haven’t hosted since 2011!!!!!!! Let that sink in for all of you fans!!! We have missed the tournament 3/4 years!! We have arguably one of the most talented states for baseball, with the best recruiting facilities in the country (ECB and lakepoint) less than 30 mins away. Dh has made absolutely no abjustments since the BBCOR bats were introduced. We can’t win with his 2000s mentality of hitting 5 homers a game. I’ll support the players and the school, but I’m done supporting him.The people who continue to support him are what’s hurting our program.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Im not wanting them to do bad? I’m simply stating I could see us praising him over one good season, while ignoring the past 8. We haven’t hosted since 2011!!!!!!! Let that sink in for all of you fans!!! We have missed the tournament 3/4 years!! We have arguably one of the most talented states for baseball, with the best recruiting facilities in the country (ECB and lakepoint) less than 30 mins away. Dh has made absolutely no abjustments since the BBCOR bats were introduced. We can’t win with his 2000s mentality of hitting 5 homers a game. I’ll support the players and the school, but I’m done supporting him.The people who continue to support him are what’s hurting our program.
He tried to make adjustments and start bunting more and playing more small ball, but people complain about him bunting. I do agree that the BBCOR bats have been a real killer though. I had to use them my final couple years of travel ball and they are awful. I would much rather use a wood bat.