ACC 2023-2024

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
Hall fouling Sturdivant on a three point attempt was a stupid play that put us back in the game.
Yes, that sure kept us alive. But we were still down 6, Clemson ball, with 1:33 on the clock. Can’t ignore great team defense, a clutch three by Reeves & 2 clutch threes by George for OT. And once back in the game, playing in foul trouble, Ndongo fouling out and these guys just never giving up in front of a hostile crowd and outmanned. GT won this game. Not going to blame (or credit) Hall for Clemson losing

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like some nice key players on their way for next season. Watched Mustaf’s OTE v Sutton’s OTE on YouTube. Very impressive players. Also think that unlike previous years, when the portal opens up, CDS will not have to go hunting for best leftovers, but will have some talented guys looking for him.
We will definitely be shopping for bigs! Good news is that we finally have a budget to shop somewhere other Big Lots!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes, that sure kept us alive. But we were still down 6, Clemson ball, with 1:33 on the clock. Can’t ignore great team defense, a clutch three by Reeves & 2 clutch threes by George for OT. And once back in the game, playing in foul trouble, Ndongo fouling out and these guys just never giving up in front of a hostile crowd and outmanned. GT won this game. Not going to blame (or credit) Hall for Clemson losing
Yet none of that would have mattered if Chase Hunter doesn't miss his only free-throw of the game with less than 10 seconds to play.

Clutch free-throws to ice the game will ALWAYS separate the men from the boys! Thank you Chase!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Yet none of that would have mattered if Chase Hunter doesn't miss his only free-throw of the game with less than 10 seconds to play.

Clutch free-throws to ice the game will ALWAYS separate the men from the boys! Thank you Chase!
They featured them on the broadcast i believe as well. The brothers combined for an 0-for from deep. Thanks to the whole family!

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow

In close games you can always find a “what if” or two on either side. Which play or ref call you use for a single highlight out of 40 minutes of play (or (50 in 2OT) depends on whether you want to imply one team was simply lucky in its win or the other team threw its chance away. Or both. We do it even when our team wins.

These discussions always occur between fans of the same team or opposing teams in every amateur and pro sport, probably dating back to chariot racing and gladiator fighting. And in every close contest of any kind, some amount of luck will always play a part. These aftermath discussions are part of the fun of being avid & devoted sports fan. Don’t think they are ever meant to detract from a great win.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Haha did you catch last nights UVA game? Right now that team is a dragon in name on the front of the jersey only. This should be a victory for us, as Connell and myself showed yesterday, they are downright terrible on the road.
I was more referring to our 'past' ability to play well against the Hoos. So far, we are playing well up and playing badly down against our competitors. Makes we worry that Team Hyde comes out to play.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In close games you can always find a “what if” or two on either side. Which play or ref call you use for a single highlight out of 40 minutes of play (or (50 in 2OT) depends on whether you want to imply one team was simply lucky in its win or the other team threw its chance away. Or both. We do it even when our team wins.

These discussions always occur between fans of the same team or opposing teams in every amateur and pro sport, probably dating back to chariot racing and gladiator fighting. And in every close contest of any kind, some amount of luck will always play a part. These aftermath discussions are part of the fun of being avid & devoted sports fan. Don’t think they are ever meant to detract from a great win.
No, I agree, I wasn't saying that at all.. When I went back and watched, we basically hit four threes in the last 2 minutes... Three FT's by Kyle, a trey by Wacie, and two treys by Nait.

When you sit back and think about it, we did all those things perfectly, and if he just makes that one free-throw, its all for naught....That's all she wrote.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
No, I agree, I wasn't saying that at all.. When I went back and watched, we basically hit four threes in the last 2 minutes... Three FT's by Kyle, a trey by Wacie, and two treys by Nait.

When you sit back and think about it, we did all those things perfectly, and if he just makes that one free-throw, its all for naught....That's all she wrote.
It is remarkable we hit that many tough critical shots in such a compressed time period. Hats off to the guys!

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
RJ Davis is also having an All American type season is has to be the early favorite for POTY in the ACC.
And I think the biggest thing is chemistry. I don’t know if there was something wrong chemistry-wise with Love, but they seem to have much more of it this year.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow

That’s why I included that last sentence. Never thought you or anyone was trying to upstage such a hard fought great victory by saying GT had a lucky win. We all have thoughts or point out a single play or moment like that in close games that could have changed the outcome. Makes it sound as if we won by the sheer luck of our opponent making an error or fouling, or missing a shot or a field goal, or a referee/umpire blowing a call. When it happens at the end of the event it’s even worse. Don’t know why we do it, instead of just celebrating. We just do. Commentators do it. Journalists do it. So do players and coaches. So why not fans, I guess. It was such a great game maybe we just want to keep talking about it. In the end though, you can’t take the W away from the winner or the L from the loser. So no harm & no distraction.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow

When you sit back and think about it, we did all those things perfectly, and if he just makes that one free-throw, it’s all for naught....That's all she wrote.

I thought the jump ball forced by Deebo with just a couple minutes left, giving us the ball, was big time.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Pitt beats Duke in Cameron. Strange. Duke is not the Duke of Coach K. K would not lose at home to teams of GT and Pitt caliber.