Absurdly Early 2024 Predictions

How many regular season games does Tech win in 2024?

• 4 or less

• 9 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think that some of their players were banged up against us, and also against Bama. I don’t think UGA overlooked us—more so that the schedule wore them down more than previous seasons.
Weird that one of their weaker schedules wore them down more. Not disputing that happened, just seems to indicate they may also have been overrated if last year’s schedule took so much out of them.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Weird that one of their weaker schedules wore them down more. Not disputing that happened, just seems to indicate they may also have been overrated if last year’s schedule took so much out of them.
Going into our game they had played #12 Missouri, #9 Ole Miss, and #18 Tennessee in consecutive weeks. We were fortunate that they didn't have their customary cupcake game the week before us this year.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Going into our game they had played #12 Missouri, #9 Ole Miss, and #18 Tennessee in consecutive weeks. We were fortunate that they didn't have their customary cupcake game the week before us this year.
Yeah, but that is just the standard media over-rated SEC teams. Their rankings obviously dont equate to their actual quality.

Probably more like. Unranked, #20 and unranked

slugboy

Staff member
Bowers had surgery. Freak injury, I guess.

FSU’s QB Travis broke his leg against Northern Alabama. Weird things happen

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
ugag had 9 possessions. They scored 4 TD's. One FG. Didn't score on 4 others.
5> 4 with the forced turnovers being what stopped them. Not taking away from the forced turnovers but they pretty much stopped themselves by beck's play. WHich was exactly the plan. keep it close, run the ball, hope for turnovers and try to capitalize. AKA the CPJ blueprint.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
5> 4 with the forced turnovers being what stopped them. Not taking away from the forced turnovers but they pretty much stopped themselves by beck's play. WHich was exactly the plan. keep it close, run the ball, hope for turnovers and try to capitalize. AKA the CPJ blueprint.
...and to add the the 9th (last) possession they "ran out" the clock per se. Yes, we still had to tackle them.

Scored on 5 drives
Had 2 Turnovers
Had to punt 1 time
ran out the clock

1st possession - fumble on 1st paly
2nd possession - TD
3rd TD
4th TD
5th Punt (to start the 3rd quarter)
6th FG
7th TD
8th Interception
9th end of game

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that some of their players were banged up against us, and also against Bama. I don’t think UGA overlooked us—more so that the schedule wore them down more than previous seasons.
Geez, I mean, when your OOC consists of Sanford, Ball State, and UAB, I can see how that wears a team down

Funny how we ended up playing the same number of ranked teams but the ACC is the weak conference. They started the year against Sanford, Ball St, UAB, 5-7 SCar, 6-7 Auburn, 2-10 Vanderbilt, 7-6 Kentucky, and 5-7 Florida and struggled to put away several of them. I think they just weren’t as #1 as advertised.

Last edited:

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I tend to agree that they were a little overrated but they went 9-4 and won their bowl game by 35 points. Im not sure I would call them a cupcake.
You're right that "cupcake" is an overstatement...but on the flip side, calling them "a little overrated" is something of an understatement. Look up the teams they beat in ther regular season to end up ranked. Their 8 wins included D-II Austin Peay, plus seven teams who—between them—only managed to accumulate fifteen wins against P5 opposition all season. (Contrast that with GT, who had 5 regular-season wins against D-I competition. Those five teams have seventeen P5 wins between them.)

Tennessee probably got more top-25 credit for their four SEC losses—to a crummy Florida team, ranked (u)GA and Alabama, and (mis-)ranked Missouri—than they did for their eight wins.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Teams get reranked each week based on where their opposition is ranked and how they fare against them. The rankings approach greater accuracy as the season wears on, but it’s those early rankings that skew things so badly.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
If you think Mizzou should have been unranked then you’re either incredibly biased or didn’t watch them play last year. They were a good team
I am taking the stance and sticking to it that the SEC is over-rated. It starts with all of us beating the same drum. So here is my standard social media reply.

Mizzou only looks good because they played other over-rated SEC teams that also suck.