About the Money Down nickname

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Seems like they ARE listening to feedback! Third down PA announcement is “its thiiiiiiird down” with “money down” just shown on the graphics board, like many of us suggested. Very cool, and much better and natural feeling.

Still said it a couple of times but much better execution.

Instead of music before the O snaps the ball I would rather hear cheers from the crowd. Just IIWII.

Maybe in time.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't like either the "THIRRRRRD DOWN" or "MONEEEEEYYYY DOWN". Both suck, at least coming from our PA announcer.

This. If forced to choose between the two, I’d go with “It’s 3rd down” - but overall,I’d prefer something different. This announcer sounds like a wannabe caller for the WWE. Amateurish and unoriginal.

I’ve lived 2000+ miles away for the past 20 years, and when I went back to a game in 2016 for the first time since the 90’s, I was shocked at that announcement.

As others have said, happy for them to call it money down, or 3rd down, or ring a bell, or record Ludacris calling out something, or whatever - but have a little originality. Be genuine. Be real. Change it up a bit. Get the crowd on their feet - don’t make them cringe on such an important down. (Yes, I realize I sound like a “get off my lawn” guy. But seriously, get off my lawn.)

Last edited:
This. If forced to choose between the two, I’d go with “It’s 3rd down” - but overall,I’d prefer something different. This announcer sounds like a wannabe caller for the WWE. Amateurish and unoriginal.

I’ve lived 2000+ miles away for the past 20 years, and when I went back to a game in 2016 for the first time since the 90’s, I was shocked at that announcement.

As others have said, happy for them to call it money down, or 3rd down, or ring a bell, or record Ludacris calling out something, or whatever - but have a little originality. Be genuine. Change it up a bit. Get the crowd on their feet - don’t make them cringe on such an important down. (Yes, I realize I sound like a “get off my lawn” guy. But seriously, get off my lawn.)
People around me today actually booed whenever he did the "Mondey Down" thing. LOL