About the Money Down nickname

herb

Helluva Engineer
It's not the "philosophy" that is the problem. The problem is our AWFUL PA announcer screaming it on EVERY 3rd down situation, just like until this year he screamed, "It's thirrrrrrrrdddd down." That's what gets old fast and doesn't excite anybody.

This, I don’t think anyone has an issue with the staff calling it money down or the vast majority of the other issues (the dollar bills y’all for example, good fun idea ) It was really the PA announcer’s usage that was grating as his use felt forced. It was too much, IMO. I am glad we are trying new things and that many seem to be working

This, I don’t think anyone has an issue with the staff calling it money down or the vast majority of the other issues (the dollar bills y’all for example, good fun idea ) It was really the PA announcer’s usage that was grating as his use felt forced. It was too much, IMO. I am glad we are trying new things and that many seem to be working
Thank you. That was the gripe by all the people around me. Those announcements, especially when repeated over and over and over again, don't inspire anything except frustration.

Animal02

Banned
It's not the "philosophy" that is the problem. The problem is our AWFUL PA announcer screaming it on EVERY 3rd down situation, just like until this year he screamed, "It's thirrrrrrrrdddd down." That's what gets old fast and doesn't excite anybody.
Sounds to me like some are suggesting that players need to be reminded by the PA announcer......if that be the case.....we are in BIG trouble.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Dang! You are absolutely right. Roof would have had a top twenty D if he had only used “money down”!

Lolol

Probably. If he did, DBs wouldn’t drop back 5yds behind the 1st down sticks.

Amazing what the 3rd down conversion rate of the GT DCs who did use it

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably. If he did, DBs wouldn’t drop back 5yds behind the 1st down sticks.

Amazing what the 3rd down conversion rate of the GT DCs who did use it
ICE BURN.

Seriously though, this is one of those "fans should participate, not consume" things.

Give me something about money downs that I can do. I'm already screaming. Doubly so when the D tells the crowd to turn it up.

How about getting the D to do something money down related to tell the crowd they need some noise? That'd be pretty sweet.

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
Simple answer....have the PA announcer refer to 3rd down as Money Down, but do it a different way each time. For your pleasure:

- "It's Money Down folks, get on your feet!"
- "Money down!! Make some noise"
- Player on the board - "Money Down, bru. Lemme hear ya."
- Buzz Graphic showing Money Down on the board.
- "It's 3rd Down and 10." (Sound of cash register ringing)
- "You know what down it is! Make some noise!"

It's not that hard. Have some reference to Money Down, but don't say the SAME thing 15 times during the game. It's boring.

You're Welcome.

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
Simple answer....have the PA announcer refer to 3rd down as Money Down, but do it a different way each time. For your pleasure:

- "It's Money Down folks, get on your feet!"
- "Money down!! Make some noise"
- Player on the board - "Money Down, bru. Lemme hear ya."
- Buzz Graphic showing Money Down on the board.
- "It's 3rd Down and 10." (Sound of cash register ringing)
- "You know what down it is! Make some noise!"

It's not that hard. Have some reference to Money Down, but don't say the SAME thing 15 times during the game. It's boring.

You're Welcome.

Stansbury, hire this man.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I have no problem with money down except when it is blasted on the PA system every single time. Assistant managers holding up signs is OK but PA announcements is amateurish in my book.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw the student section had fake bills of money that they were throwing around
ICE BURN.

Seriously though, this is one of those "fans should participate, not consume" things.

Give me something about money downs that I can do. I'm already screaming. Doubly so when the D tells the crowd to turn it up.

How about getting the D to do something money down related to tell the crowd they need some noise? That'd be pretty sweet.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like they ARE listening to feedback! Third down PA announcement is “its thiiiiiiird down” with “money down” just shown on the graphics board, like many of us suggested. Very cool, and much better and natural feeling.